1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

AK Adventurers' adventure gear progression

Discussion in 'Show us pics of your EDC!' started by AK Adventurer, Aug 6, 2012.

1. AK Adventurer

AK Adventurer Ice, Ice, Tigre

I wondered when you'd take a crack at this...

2. AK Adventurer

:rofl:

Yes actually :oops:
    all this started 'cause I tried :rolleyes: to cut my finger off with the mora FWB gave me... He decided I needed something smaller/less dangerous to fumble around with... ;)

3. warchild
    • Memoria in Aeterna
    • In Omnia Paratus

warchild Eternal Pockets

Geez, I gotta go with @swany66675 here, Tape, glue, LB Weld, sinew, you are Alaskan after all:p AK, I'm just messin with ya buddy, I know how it is to have no free time and I also know about bleeding on your jeans;)

4. vegassprky
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

vegassprky Loaded Circuits

The fire is it close to you AK?? Stay safe!!

S_Serpent, Brtsmpsn, scbubba and 2 others like this.
  5. cowsmilk

cowsmilk EDC Junkie!!!!!

Go ahead, make my day!:D
    [​IMG]

snowkiwi, Lou_G, Dr. Bahn and 6 others like this.
  6. CoreyM60

CoreyM60 Loaded Pockets

Haha that's awesome, need one of those signs for work!!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

7. AK Adventurer

:eek: What fire?
    (Serriously, I haven't heard of one in our area, and we are smoke free... Only fire I heard about was about 4 weeks ago, one of the med. sized ones from last summer smoldered and wintered over, started again last month, about ~50 miles south east ofa small tow about that far south east of us... we had smoke from it for 3 0r 4 days, and none since... I ain't heard about it since either..)

OK, I guess I better go google it and find out, make sure there isn't something serrious close by that I don't know about...

8. AK Adventurer

I've been a few places that had an old inert/neutralized grenade with a number tag and a "take a number" sign like that on their front desk... :D

Lou_G, scbubba, vegassprky and 5 others like this.
  9. AK Adventurer

Ah, :censored:, thats a big fire!! "just passed the size of Chicago" is what I just read... :frantic:

Thanks for the concern Sparky :) . Its about ~500 miles, and a (Big)mountain range south of me, so I'm in no danger from it... On the other hand, @farnorthdan can't be more than 50 to 100 miles north west of it(depending on how bad my geography is... I'm not real familiar with that area down that far south in the state :oops: )

10. AK Adventurer

EDC for 5– 23, 24, 25, 26 -14 ;)

Plus my brass pen a couple days, and my bit kit/ratchet a couple others, and also including my camera all days… Minus this Eco Drive a day or two, wore my other Eco Drive instead those days. :) And Plus my Opinel on Friday, took it as eatin knife to a BBQ.

Minus the beer of course too, that was just at the festivities late Monday. :cool:

[​IMG]

11. Brtsmpsn
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

Brtsmpsn Oh, Canada!

It's more in the area where we have been working up there. Don't have anyone there now, but it's pretty huge and tourist season is just gearing up there.

12. farnorthdan
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

farnorthdan Loaded Pockets

Roger that AK, been smoky down this way the last week or so, so bad you cant even see the Chugiak's at times and it smells like the mother of all camping trips around here. I know you Fairbankians have had your share of smoky summers too, guess its our turn this year. I hear it jumped the Kenai river yesterday which is bad news.

13. AK Adventurer

Eeek. Hang in there, we're hoping and a prayin' for ya! :cool:
    I wish we could get a summer where its no-ones turn! ;)

warchild, scbubba, swany66675 and 3 others like this.
  14. JTPhoenix

JTPhoenix Loaded Pockets

May I ask what the flashlight with (seemingly?) GITD button is?

warchild and Brtsmpsn like this.
  15. FL Woods Bum
    • In Omnia Paratus

FL Woods Bum Your Grace!

That's not a flashlight, it's his blackhead remover!! :)

warchild, scbubba, vegassprky and 3 others like this.
  16. AK Adventurer

So, I never should have said no smoke here... got up this morning to a good haze, and ans @farnorthdan put it, " it smells like the mother of all camping trips around here" :nah_disagree:

Went and checked the official sites for a new fire here, nothing that would be doing this... but the air quality alert site lists this;

Moderate Quality;
    "Forest fire smoke from fires on the Kenai, is moving through the Fairbanks area. And Air Quality is expected to improve as the smoke continues to move through. The smoke has been reported as dense in the hills north and east of Fairbanks. "

Bold highlight mine... Thats us. Thats one draw back of the area I'm in, the set of hills and ridges on the north of the valley, because of the Bigger ridges behind us that border the next river valley to the north, all weather systems and serrious smoke gets trapped and settles onto us...

I gotta say, its one Hell of a fire to put enough stuff high enough into the atmosphere for the smoke to cross that mountain range and get to us! We had less smoke haze and smell than this for a lot of the fire last year where it was ~15 miles away and we were evacuating! Then we were so close the smoke was going up over us and settling elsewhere, which was weird to experiance, but not as weird as smoke traveling OVER the mountain range and dropping on us... :eek:

17. Brtsmpsn
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

Brtsmpsn Oh, Canada!

I looked up that fire earlier it is huge. Hope they get some heavy rain there quickly to help put that fire out. Such beautiful country there.

S_Serpent, warchild, scbubba and 3 others like this.
  18. farnorthdan
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

farnorthdan Loaded Pockets

^^^^wow that's crazy, most folks cant quit fathom how big AK is, Fairbanks is the equivalent of a couple states away from where the Funny river fires are on the peninsula, AK is 1/3 the size of the entire lower 48 states combined, cut AK in half and it would make TX the 3rd largest state in the union. They say this fire is burning in excess of 20k acres a day right now and is currently traveling through some of the worst spruce beetle killed tree areas in the state, it needs to burn but I sure feel for the folks who have homes in that area or in the path of the burn.

S_Serpent, warchild, scbubba and 4 others like this.
  19. Brtsmpsn
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

Brtsmpsn Oh, Canada!

I have worked in some beetle kill areas in the past with a nice little mountain town nestled in the middle. Have been watching for a long time fearful of a fire starting there.

That is going to be brutal to fight and I know that area is littered with homes, camps, and cabins.

S_Serpent, warchild, scbubba and 3 others like this.
  20. AK Adventurer

That is a Rofis JR10, single CR123, angle adjustable. :cool:
    I LOVE this light, its a great interface, good modes/output, and the angle adjust is SO handy!
    I'm still surprised that ya don't see more of these on EDCF... I only know of one other guy that has one, and he got it after seeing and hearing about mine.. Dunno why there not more popular. :unsure: :confused:

That is a GITD switch boot on it that I got in the forum passaround box a few months ago, and it now wears a custom brass body that I made for it a while back;

S_Serpent, Nick4305, brand0n and 5 others like this.