1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Airline Travel EDC Items…...

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by Motorman, Nov 16, 2013.

1. FiaOlleDog

FiaOlleDog Loaded Pockets

Agreed - sometimes it looks like they "need" to find something (not sure if they have a confiscation quota)?

Years ago I was stopped with a grim look and got asked why I carry sniper rifle shells?! ":censored:! Are you kidding me?", was my reply and it certainly didn't help :cool:

It turned out that I had a set of four color board markers with metal casing - and in the X-ray picture the (soft color tip) looked like the tip of a bullet ... can't blame them for their sharp eye, also we both were happy that - also my whiteboard drawings can cause severe eye & mind injury (kind of) - the tools aren't harmful or lethal :rofl:

2. garza

garza Loaded Pockets

My pet peeve is the TSA rules for allowed/disallowed items.

TSA allows non pointed scissors under 4” in blade length. Screwdriver under 7” in length are allowed. My Vic Classic which is less dangerous than either of these 2 items is not allowed. Thanks to Senator Chuck Schumer the rules will never be updated with threat assessment as part of the rule making process.

#42 garza, Jun 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
    FiaOlleDog likes this.
  3. dmanny

dmanny Loaded Pockets

I've always wondered why the liquids that are so dangerous they can't be allowed through are thrown out in a can where everyone stands. They should be treated like the dangerous condition they pretend they are.

ran23 likes this.
  4. jemhouston

jemhouston Loaded Pockets

Security theater at its worse.

FiaOlleDog and That Movie Guy like this.
  5. garza

garza Loaded Pockets

Like every TSA rule, revision is impossible even when the TSA has determined otherwise such as allowing a Vic Classic which is less a threat than allowed scissors. The flight attendants and Chuck Schumer were against the revision because it allowed limited small bladed knives.

chaosmagnet likes this.
  6. jbj

jbj Loaded Pockets

As separate liquids, they aren’t very dangerous (poisonous and maybe caustic, but not a danger to crowds).

The original justification for the liquid ban was the fear of binary liquid explosives. Which is kind of hilarious, because you have to combine them using a heat source, and the resulting fumes are quite dangerous in and of themselves! I just can’t see doing it in the airplane lavatory without the guy dropping from the toxic gasses being produced by his chemistry set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

garza and chaosmagnet like this.