1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Advice on a pouch/case for a tiny FAK

Discussion in 'First Aid Station' started by MoighonFweeman, Mar 1, 2016.

1. MoighonFweeman

MoighonFweeman Loaded Pockets

I've decided that carrying a first aid kit on my person is a good idea. However, since it's going to be carried in my pocket, it's going to have to be pretty lightweight and small. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good zippered pouch or case to pack everything into. I'm looking for something about the size of a wallet, with an exterior pocket as well. I'd like to spend no more than around 10 dollars.

I've looked into the Case Logic Point and Shoot cases. They seem to be the perfect internal size, but they're made to protect cameras and therefore seem to have a bit too much unnecessary padding on them.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

2. PragmaticMurphyist

PragmaticMurphyist Loaded Pockets

An alternative suggestion: I have this kit packed into a 350 gauge GL10 grip seal bag (£1.45 for 10 on eBay). Covers boo-boos, is better than nowt for CPR and has a couple of aspirin in there for cardiac arrest.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. GQP

GQP Loaded Pockets

Cumberland Concepts small zipper bag. Its just $3, but no outside pocket.I really can't think of anything else other than a plastic seal bag like the one above. Only problem is the they can get rather funky over time ridding in a pocket.

Ive built a few like the ITS kits that are vacuum sealed. However, thats about worthless if its a bobo kit.

Do you already have or know the items you want to go into the kit?

4. MoighonFweeman

The Cumberland Concepts bag looks nice, but I'd really like a front pocket.

This will be a boo-boo bag, with things like band-aids, cleaning swabs, ointment packets, and the like. It'll also contain some smaller tools and bits that don't fit into my Skinth.

I'm also considering using some sort of zippered wallet. Countycomm's traveller's wallet looks nice, but I really don't want to deal with the absurd shipping.

Edit: I just saw the Maxpedition Urban Wallet. It seems about perfect, given that this'll be a very simple first aid kit.

Last edited by MoighonFweeman, Mar 1, 2016
  5. RAMBOCAT

RAMBOCAT Loaded Pockets

Look on AMAZON at two compartment pocket coin purses.

6. sc00ts

sc00ts Loaded Pockets

I've heard good things about the chums surf wallet.

7. ffmedic245

ffmedic245 Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

ID insert from an extra wallet I had lying around. Couple of butterflies, Band-Aid, alcohol wipes, bit of moleskin.

As an aside, why on earth would you consider aspirin for cardiac arrest?? (I think perhaps you meant chest pain?)

8. adnj

adnj Loaded Pockets

Bills Custom Cases make the Urban Wallet. It has two open outside slots and a zippered outside pocket.

9. addictedhealer

addictedhealer Loaded Pockets

Look at the Maxpedition micro. Amazon has them for $15. Maxpedition makes some the most durable stuff.

-Adam.

fourSAK likes this.
  10. thekapow

thekapow EDC Junkie!!!!!

Not in my opinion, my maxpd. Fatty stitches fell apart and started fraying everywhere after just 4 months of use, after 9 months the fabric started fraying everywhere. I used it for school, cant imagine if i used it 'hard'

11. addictedhealer

addictedhealer Loaded Pockets

Sorry to hear that! I have a jumbo and it gets tossed around all day and still looks brand new after almost two years.

thekapow likes this.
  12. MoighonFweeman

Hey guys! I didn't expect this thread to live so long. I just found a Condor organizer from my airsoft days which I totally forgot about. It's very similar to the Fatty, decently well-made, and cheaper than the Maxped stuff, so if anyone wants another option, they can check that out.

thekapow likes this.
  13. lizard-fun-fun

lizard-fun-fun Empty Pockets

For my daypack-level FAK I use an aLoksak bag. Its basically a ruggedized ziplock bag.
    They come in various sizes to suit your needs and while they offer zero organizational features, they are low-bulk and fully waterproof.