1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Adding a lanyard to a SOG Tool

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by jnestor78, Mar 12, 2011.

1. jnestor78

jnestor78 Loaded Pockets

I am trying to figure out a way to add a lanyard to my SOG Powerlock. I thought about buying a spiral lanyard with the crimped battery connections at the ends but, I want the lanyard to actually last and I know it probably won't. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

2. Cobra 6 Actual

Cobra 6 Actual Loaded Pockets

Hey, jnestor78, how about just using nylon paracord with a simple knot? There's a thread on this Forum titled "What do I do with this paracord stuff?" If you put that title in the Forum's search box you'll come up with all kinds of ways to make a simple lanyard that'll serve you well. Welcome to the EDC Forum, by the way.

3. jnestor78

jnestor78 Loaded Pockets

The thing is that there is nothing to add 550 cord to on the tool at all. There is no lanyard hole, nothing. I am thinking about undoing the bolt from one of the arms of the tool and then adding this. Making a Paracord coated curly lanyard. It was a thread someone started last year on here. At the ends I'll just use electric crimp lugs instead.

4. Cobra 6 Actual

Cobra 6 Actual Loaded Pockets

Gotya ... sounds like a good plan. Good luck with it then.

5. Mike 208

Mike 208 Loaded Pockets

My PowerLock has a lanyard "ring" on the outside of one of the handles (on mine, it's the handle with the serrated blade, "V-Cutter," hex drive and the bottle opener/screwdriver), that you rotate "out" to use. The ring has a small opening, so I don't know if paracord would fit.

6. greymethod

greymethod Loaded Pockets

I have a 2.0 and it has the exact same thing. I bet you could fit a small shoelace through the hole... but not paracord.

7. keith6

keith6 Loaded Pockets

I found and bought some leather which could be shoelace from walmart that fit

8. fresh eddie fresh
    • In Omnia Paratus

fresh eddie fresh Loaded Pockets

Could you add a small split ring, and then attach the paracord to that?

9. Mike 208

Mike 208 Loaded Pockets

That sounds like it would work. A small split ring should also fit the lanyard rings on the older Leatherman models.