1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Actual Pocket Pocket Organiser

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by thegrouch314, Mar 26, 2019.

1. thegrouch314

thegrouch314 Loaded Pockets

I'm looking for a pocket organiser that will fit in a standard sized jeans pocket. I get fed up of rummaging around in my pockets to find anything.

I typically carry a Vic Spartan, a TrueUtility Stashlite, a RATS TQ, a pair of standard earphones, a mini bic and, various pocket junk. All of this goes in one pocket aside from the lighter, along with my phone so as you can imagine, it's pretty chaotic. I can't split it out because I have to carry my meds in the other pocket and they take up a lot of space.

Do you guys have any recommended brands or places to pick up a pocket organiser. I'm in the UK so British or European countries would be preferred but I don't mind overseas.

2. JIM

JIM Loaded Pockets

3. flux

flux Loaded Pockets

Have a look at the Tatonka plain wallet or Tatonka Big plain wallet. European company, should be easy to get. Here's a pic. I have one in black/grey, but you can get them in lots of colors, which is nice.

[​IMG]

has two flat zipper compartments on the sides and 2 seperators in the main part, so stuff is nicely seperated.
    I kinda like mine and keep USB keys, backup lighter, earplugs, some bandaids and some other small parts in this.
    it would fit a regular SAK sideways and a minibic/SAK Classic/AAA battery standing.

Mine is usually pretty packed and the zippers held up very well since a couple of years now. very good quality. costs 10-15 euros.

not sure if you want something like this or rather something holster-like you will always keep in your pocket, so you can just slip your stuff in and out without taking it out of your pocket and opening it. If you want the latter, I have no idea.

Since it does not have to look super pretty if it stays in the pocket anyway, I would probably sew something with some old denim, cordura and maybe use elastic bands, and tailor it to fit my gear. I made some wallets out of elastic band like the one shown above in JIM's post.. It is super easy to make a piece like this yourself and will cost you almost nothing.

or google for "pocket admin panel" these are basically plastic boards with elastic webbing, maybe this is what you are looking for.

Last edited by flux, Mar 26, 2019
    #3 flux, Mar 26, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
    ProjeKtWEREWOLF likes this.
  4. earthman

earthman EDC Junkie!!!

Looking at the size and shape of a jeans pocket and seeing the size of the opening, I think that finding a slip that works/fits perfectly is going to be hard.
    Sure, you'll find something that will work to a degree but I bet that you'll loose overall space in that pocket to store things.

5. SOS24
    • +2 Supporter

SOS24 Loaded Pockets

I would think that the Allegory EDC Front Pocket Pouch would work well for you. Unfortunately, it is from a Massdrop drop that is no longer active, but you could request it if it is something that might be of interest.

[​IMG]

Another option may be OffChutes on Etsy which makes pouches from repurposed paraglider material. It is unfortunately US so UK shipping would be $14 according to the site. I have a custom one, that has worked pretty well for me. The material is soft feeling, so I think it would be more comfortable than some other materials in the front pocket. I’m not sure the TQ would fit, but think most the other stuff would or you could email and get a custom in the size you want.
    [​IMG]

#5 SOS24, Mar 26, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
  6. suburbDad

suburbDad Loaded Pockets

What about a skinth p3mt?

popedandy likes this.
  7. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

@SOS24: those Allegory pocket organizers appear to bear a design heritage similar to a front pocket wallet called the Rogue (IIRC); in particular the curve to help nestle into the base of the pocket. Nice!

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

PragmaticMurphyist likes this.
  8. SOS24
    • +2 Supporter

SOS24 Loaded Pockets

Yes, that is what it seems like to me. I don’t have one of those, I tried their back pocket version, but it doesn’t get much use because it is a little big for my needs. If they become available again, I will probably try one.

9. earthman

earthman EDC Junkie!!!

Excellent, first one looks like the perfect shape for a jeans pocket.

SOS24 likes this.
  10. jdmurphy

jdmurphy Empty Pockets

Yellow birch outfitters make some nice pocket organizers. US based tho.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

11. reppans

reppans Loaded Pockets

I use Big Skinny Coin Wallets