1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Active Shooter/Go Bag... Need suggestions.

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by Lonewolf90, Nov 22, 2014.

1. Lonewolf90

Lonewolf90 Loaded Pockets

I've been looking for the "right bag" for some time but I'm getting nowhere fast. I want a Go Bag/Active Shooter type bag. I'm looking for something that is big enough to fit a chest rig (like an HSP D3), medical supplies, extra pistol, flashlight, batteries, gloves, weapons maintenance kit, ear pro, extra mags that are not in the chest rig... Ect. I have a LBT Assault pack that I use for extra clothes/edc type stuff, and it is a nice pack, however it has pretty much zero organization to it... And I hate that. I have considered the Rush 12, the 5.11 messenger series, and the SO Tech Go Pack. I'm sure there are many other options out there, and I know each person has different preferences. I'm just looking for opinions and ideas to hopefully develop my final decision as to which route I will take regarding the pack. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Lonewolf90, Nov 23, 2014
  2. el chupacabra

el chupacabra Loaded Pockets

Check out tactical tailor....

A4VC likes this.
  3. Schuey2002

Schuey2002 Loaded Pockets

Get an ATS Tactical RAID 2 pack and configure it how you want.

Barchack likes this.
  4. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

I have the Spec Ops Go Pack and it is a pretty impressive bag and I highly recommend one if your gear will fit in it?
    I don't know how big the Chest Rig is and the bag is sort of an unusual size but aside from that is feature filled and well made too.

There is plenty of organization built-in including hidden side pockets like in the Rush24 and Velcro inside where I have put mag holders and other velcro pouches and panels.

The bag also is easily convertible from a true sling bag to a true Back Pack which I have not really seen anywhere else?

So you can work out of it as a Sling and slide it around to your front easily and/or carry as a backpack depending on the job and load.

I am thinking of getting a Mission Go Bag too as it looks almost ideal for what you want and is designed to do that job too.

I don't have a Rush 12 but do have 2 Rush 24's and they are also great,well built and feature filled as is widely discussed here and pretty much everywhere.

There are also a lot more great bags out there for this job so have fun looking!

5. Skunk Ape

Skunk Ape Loaded Pockets

Take a look at the optics planet first responder. Love it.

6. tmedina

tmedina EDC Junkie!!!!!

That's a lot of stuff to pack in - no pun intended. I think you would probably do well to create an itemized list of how much gear you need to find room for and that will give you a better idea of the amount of space you need.

A couple of thoughts:

1. If you're responding to an active shooter, a cleaning kit is dead weight. You can clean your weapons later, but right now it's sucking up valuable space.
    2. How much by way of medical supplies?
    3. What else are you thinking as "etc"?

Something like the Camelbak Motherlode might work as well - the chest rig goes into the main compartment, the other gear is subloaded and stashed in the secondary compartment. Spare magazines could be stored in mag pouches attached to the front PALS panel.

D552 and atilano like this.
  7. geekandwife

geekandwife Loaded Pockets

My first question, you say a active shooter bag. Are you planing on responding to an active shooting situation? Or a bag with supplies to get away from one?

8. D552

D552 Loaded Pockets

OP - I have put together a couple different active shooter bags over the years and here is what I finally settled on. NO BAG AT ALL. Let me explain in case it's something you want to consider. For active shooter events I decided to focus my efforts on setting up my plate carrier so that it has only the necessary gear already attached to it. That way, I only need to don my plate carrier and I have everything. No need to carry or sling an extra bag. Just grab my rifle and throw on the plate carrier.

The plate carrier has a rifle plate front and back. In the front are three extra AR mags, and two extra handgun mags (handgun and M-4 are already loaded and ready to go, naturally. Also attached to the vest are a TQ, and an admin pouch which holds some stop the bleeding medical supplies, a knife, and a back up flashlight. On the rear of the carrier are flex cuffs weaved through the molle loops and room to spare if I wanted to add a small water bladder. The plate carrier has a lot of attachment points if you want to get creative and also attach a gas mask, or whatever else you deem is essential.

During an active shooter incident, the time to go is NOW. Go in with your guns and ammo, some protection and medical supplies. I would advise against weighing yourself down with extra gear if possible. That's the philosophy behind my pate carrier, just the essentials. You aren't going into a sustained gunfight that will last for hours and hours. Reinforcements are on the way already if extra ammo and gear are needed. So to sum it up, no extra bag for me...just set up a well organized plate carrier and equally as important, train, train, train, with your gear!

kensington likes this.
  9. rodross2002

rodross2002 Banned

10. B_H_

B_H_ Loaded Pockets

Ive recently been looking into Grey Ghost Gear bags and they seem pretty sweet...

11. Jackr

Jackr Loaded Pockets

Sneaky Bags has a bag that is designed to hold a broken down AR and can fit a plate carrier with attachments. Check out their video.

It is called the ToT (Trick or Treat), on sale for 30% off.

12. coprtoppe
    • In Omnia Paratus

coprtoppe Loaded Pockets

yep sneaky bags
    variety of sizes

13. squawk77

squawk77 Loaded Pockets

I think a molle tac vest with pouches would be better suited for this purpose? That way you could grab stuff faster without losing your wits.

14. Skunk Ape

Skunk Ape Loaded Pockets

There is a product called a BattleSash that would make a great active shooter system. I would link but am not sure if that's "cool".

15. FoundingFather

FoundingFather Loaded Pockets

Take a look at the Advanced Special Operations (ASO) Bag ™ by ReFactor Tactical.