1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Accidental EDC'ers

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by dml24, Jun 12, 2014.

1. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

Funny, I contacted Oakley the second year the forum existed. They didn't want this crowd attached to them or something along those lines.

2. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

My Grandmother had a lot of knives. She would say this one is for spending all day in the sun bringing in xyz. This one is for bringing in cba. These 5 knives we use to prepare things for canning. I got caught trying to hide from her because of her knife collection and then I undersood why she carried some flat shoes in her purse, they can fill in the role of a paddle and she could wear them.

I don't see knives the way some of you do. I often associate it with being out the sun all day working.

Last edited by JonSidneyB, Jun 15, 2014
  3. bullet08

bullet08 Loaded Pockets

i think everyone EDC something.. it's just a human nature to put a name on it.. and with internet and WWW thing.. it's natural for forum to pop up.. and it's human curiosity to see what others are doing and carrying around with them all the time. not sure how i found this forum. i used to hang around on knife forum.. then realized that i carry more than a knife in my pocket. EDC seems to fit my interest better.

Cobra 6 Actual and kdurt like this.
  4. Doraemon

Doraemon Loaded Pockets

Not surprising, they gotta take care of their reputation after their last representative went all: http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Trial_of_Oscar_Pistorius

Cobra 6 Actual and kdurt like this.
  5. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

Cobra 6 Actual, Doraemon and kdurt like this.
  6. kdurt

kdurt Loaded Pockets

I had been on a couple of the knife forums for a few years. Liked them a lot. But was put off quite a few times. Talk about totally rude to newbies who asked apparently stupid questions or just total ignore your questions because your not a part of the cool circle of folks.
    I googled something and found this forum. Never new edc was a thing. I have always carried a pack daily. I also need to carry thirty keys while at work. I also use flashlights and knives daily for work and home. Loved this forum instantly. Then I find how great the folks are here. Blown away by the courtesy and genuine good people here. Now I am an everyday forum reader!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Cobra 6 Actual and Doraemon like this.
  7. Doraemon

Doraemon Loaded Pockets

Looks like it didn't help them, then? But seriously, Oakley has the tightest control over their prices that I've seen, even more than Apple. That's probably why.

Cobra 6 Actual likes this.
  8. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

Nope, it was over an affiliate deal.

9. nosnerosen

nosnerosen Loaded Pockets

I've carried at least one knife/multi tool, a flashlight , a pen/paper, and some kind of cord since I was a kid. My grandpa always had a Cross pen/pencil set, a SAK classic, this little plastic handled flip out knife, a pen light, and a small roll of tape on him and I remember him using them all the time. I think I just wanted to be prepared like Grandpa. Boy Scouts reinforced the idea and got me a bigger knife! I found this site after my first was out of diapers looking for ideas to add to my suddenly roomier pack the I'd gotten used to carrying everywhere.

10. SurvivePenna
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

SurvivePenna EDC Junkie!!!!!

:wavespin: Hello and welcome to EDCF !!!! :) Glad that you found us and decided to join...

11. Nick4305
    • In Omnia Paratus

Nick4305 EDC Junkie!!!!!

I'm a bit late, but welcome from Italy too !