1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

AAA Flashlight

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by asd123, Apr 28, 2015.

1. asd123

asd123 Loaded Pockets

Hi,
    i'm currently searching after a aaa clicky flashlight for my girlfriend. She is looking for a small one for her car keys. The colors red or copper would be perfect. I only spottet the martac aaa copper. I live in Germany so shipping from the USA isn't the best option.

2. Tallboyjim

Tallboyjim Loaded Pockets

How about a tank007 AAA? One mode rear clicky, in red -£10 free delivery (admittedly from China) on eBay . It won't turn up straight away but mine did a decent enough job.

EDIT: I've just thought of one important caveat - nails! More importantly the length of your good ladies finger nails. I've leant a couple of my clicky lights to female friends and those with long nails struggle with the buttons of small clicky lights - right up to AA and above size. Maybe consider a twisty - and if so go for an olight i3s in red.

Last edited by Tallboyjim, Apr 28, 2015
    Ben Rubinstein and asd123 like this.
  3. Ben Rubinstein

Or a Eagletac D25AAA, just got mine and love it.

Nighted and quickster47 like this.
  4. asd123

asd123 Loaded Pockets

Good point. I wasn't thinking about the nails. Maybe a button which isn't covered would be a solution

5. Ben Rubinstein

It's interesting, been looking around a bit, for the life of me can't see any clicky AAA lights at all from the usual suspects. Even the maratac doesn't look like a clicky? That said it does have insane run times for a AAA light, if they are true .

asd123 likes this.
  6. Tusk

Tusk Loaded Pockets

The Fenix LD02 is a AAA clicky.

lytumup likes this.
  7. lytumup

lytumup Loaded Pockets

I know its not a AAA but its just as small (almost) and has a nice range of modes, is the Olight S10R. Just got mine today and was pleasantly surprised at how small and light this little rechargeable is.

8. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

Microstream is great and rugged too,almost alone in an AAA clicky.
    The LD02 looks OK but I have not pulled the trigger on one so can not really say?

9. Coup de Grace

Coup de Grace Uber Prepared

Walmart has a AAA clicky. Had momentary on. I forget the brand name. It's at the house so I'll post it when I get home.

10. REDDEVIL

REDDEVIL EDC Junkie!!!

Lumintop Tool AAA ~$20

1.5 lumens for 60hrs
    20 lumens
    90 lumens for 1hr

I have several stashed away in several locations,... I love'em!!!

Also had a lumapower avenger gx, 2 modes but it's a bit longer, but I found the above more impressive

11. Coup de Grace

Coup de Grace Uber Prepared

Around $10 at The Wal.
    Uses a AAA battery.
    [​IMG]

survivorman likes this.
  12. asd123

asd123 Loaded Pockets

nice look
    nice looking flashlight. However i think it's illegal to carry in germany...

13. asd123

asd123 Loaded Pockets

I convinced my girlfriend that a clicky isn't the best option with her nails. I think that the olight i3s is an good option.

EXCALIBUR likes this.
  14. corrsk

corrsk Loaded Pockets

Streamlight microstream

15. mad one

mad one Loaded Pockets

If you looking for something in different colors then check out l3 illumination l08 or a fenix e01.

16. CatsTide

CatsTide Loaded Pockets

Elaborate for us that can carry almost anything legally.

17. asd123

asd123 Loaded Pockets

Practically you are not allowed to protect yourself. However criminals don't care about any regulations. Because i don't want break the law i'm having a hard time finding a flashlight :D

CatsTide likes this.
  18. choombak

choombak Loaded Pockets

If you haven't made up mind yet, here are a few ideas to consider:
    1. Twisty is the best AAA format for riding on keys and a woman's purse (that is a volcanic zone and chances are the clicks will flick on and drain batteries, while a twisty will stay put. The light also needs to take way more abuse than man's trouser pocket).
    2. HAIII aluminum is much better and robust due to weight and the ability to withstand good abuse. Avoid copper and steel.
    3. Keychain light should have a single mode, on and off. When you are in a hurry, multi mode lights can and do cause frustration.

I certainly recommend a Peak Eiger in HAIII, level 6 (no qtc pill), narrow optic, and red color (black is standard, but peak does offer red). If shipping is an issue, I can purchase one for you here and send it via usps first class to Germany. Send me a convo if this sounds interesting and we can take it from there.

Good luck and let us know which one you finally opt for.

19. Joe58

Joe58 Loaded Pockets

Yes, Peak Eiger as choombak said. The HA version is a great, bomb proof light. If you do not want the QTC pill be sure to let them know you'd prefer the "instant on mode" so to speak. That option though does cause a bit of battery rattle however that I cured with a small o-ring on the battery top. Just so you are aware.

20. reppans

reppans Loaded Pockets

Hmmm interesting... I find stainless steel to be the best for keychain lights - HA aluminum gets chewed up quickly sharing real estate with keys. This light has been on my keychain continuously for ~4+ yrs. (I personally don't mind a little "hard use" patina, but women might ;))

[​IMG]

I also much prefer multi-modes - a single mode tends to either destroy night vision.... or batteries (esp. a low capacity AAA cell).

Blerv and wilburdee like this.