1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

A warning for all handgun users

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by greyelm, Jun 1, 2010.

1. greyelm

greyelm Loaded Pockets

2. Flight-ER-Doc

Flight-ER-Doc Loaded Pockets

Evolution in action. What an idiot.

3. charlie fox

charlie fox Loaded Pockets

Some days I begin to believe Darwin may have been on to something....

4. weeneldo

weeneldo Empty Pockets

As if evolution needed any more scientific proof, here's this guy providing it for us!

5. HOMELAND SECURITY HAM

HOMELAND SECURITY HAM Loaded Pockets

Hi all,

This is just another reminder that stuff happens. This is the third time I am aware of this happening. The first I do not have the details obout. The second was to an expierenced gunsmith named Ira @#$%^&*(I won't say even though it was in the papers).

He had his hands full, you know range bag, targets, glock 9MM, etc..., and could not open up the door to exit Shooters Emporium, in Pompano Beach, Fl.

He stopped at the door put down his range bag and shoved his Glock down the front of his pants. THEN BANG!!!! The Safe Action of the Glock built on to the Glock Trigger caught a button on his button down shirt and sent a round down his leg making a large crease missing his privates (in this case from what I was told when I went in to shoot the next day). I am told he lost a lot of blood in the ordeal.

****NOTE I am a GLOCK Armorer for my agency. I recommend that All firearms that have a similiar action to the Glocks like the some of the Springfields and some of the S&W's and others be carried in a holster made for ther gun. This way the anti gunners dont get any ammo to use against us good guys.

I sometimes carry a Glock Mod 27 in a fanny pack. Out of concern for a similiar situation from an object poking through, or into the fabric in the trigger area of my fanny pack, I had the pack modified several years ago.

I had three sheets of X-RAY film glued to each other and two sheets of 1000 danier balistic nylon glued to the outsides of the bonded sheets of X-RAY film, on 1 on each side of the X-RAY film made up for each side of the gun they were made to the internal dimentions of the pack and I had it velcroed into the gun compartment on each side of the gun compartment in the pack.

This modification stiffened the gun compartment of the pack and made it easier to withdraw the gun and it prevents the possibility of a accidental discharge from any item that could penetrate or indent into the gun compartment ot the pack.

6. warren55

warren55 Empty Pockets

"Dis here is a Glock 40, an' I'm the only one here profeshinol enuff to carry it"

7. Jedi Knife

Jedi Knife Loaded Pockets

Well, look at it as that opportunity to get that titanium pair you've been wanting for a while ;).

8. justmyluck
    • In Omnia Paratus

justmyluck Loaded Pockets

Just goes to show the most important safety is the one between your two ears...if you don't use that one, then things like this will occur from time to time.

9. zpo

zpo Empty Pockets

Picking Nits, but this is a Negligent Discharge, not an Accidental Discharge. Nothing broke, he failed his Manual of Arms.

10. tpd223

tpd223 Empty Pockets

Carrying without a holster is negligent, and stupid as hell.

11. Techna

Techna Empty Pockets

Amen to that.

Again...Amen.

Two very good posts.

12. Roadkill Bill

Roadkill Bill Empty Pockets

Thank you warren. I had forgotten about that! Another one bout as sharp as a bowling ball.