1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

A new guy from Quebec.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by alexvpaq, May 17, 2014.

1. alexvpaq

alexvpaq Loaded Pockets

So hi everyone, I'm a Male, 24 years old. I'm a nursing student. French Canadian but over time and with a lot of english classes, I believe I can now speak and write english pretty well.

Why do I feel at my place here? I always carried as much stuff as possible to be ready for anything on me. I however never knew there was such a community around it. I really only realized it very recently when I ordered a multitool to replace my folding knife and found out about the whole ''EDC'' thing.

Things I carry on me at all time :
    • Keys w/tritium FOB (nite glowring ice blue)
    • Cellphone (a tiny xperia Ray, but I'm currently looking to upgrade that but it's hard with the very large cellphone fad going on right now. I may be going for a Galaxy S4 mini, mainly for the size factor and it's in the right price range.)
    • Folding knife (full size) (SOG Flash tanto in silver with the powerassist thing, I LOVE it but it's so sad how much hate this knife receives from people who see me using it over here. '' Why do you carry a knife?!?/Are you planning to murder someone with that!?/Etc.'' So I ordered a Leatherman Rebar, It's about the same size and I hope a multitool will receive more love.)
    • A telescopic pen. (Zebra telescopic pen) ( Goes from 8cm long to a full size pen by just sliding it forward, it's very cheap like 6$ for 2 of them +2 replaceable ink refil included and I use the same type of ink/pen at the hospital and they never seem to dry out or stop working for no reason so I have a lot of love for this pen)
    • wallet w/notepad inside it. (dosh magic wallet) The cards on top when it's closed are the one I need more often (C.card/bank card and on the other side School ID card and Driver license)
    • Watch I received as a gift from my girlfriend.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Obviously, phone is absent in the picture to take the picture.

I used to carry a flashlight too. A rayovac flashlight but I'm scared the clip will fail on me plus since I use it at the hospital... I don't really feel like carrying it on me all the time. I'm a bit scared about contamination and such. So I'm looking out to find a new one but a good flashlight that could serve as a pupil light/flashlight/defense is hard to find here in canada and at a good price...

Other things I like Except EDCing stuff (lol)

- Road Cycling
    - Running
    - Swimming
    - Hiking
    - Technology
    - Gaming (PS4)
    - Medecine/nursing
    - Music
    - I'm starting to learn guitar
    - fishkeeping ( currently I only have a 10G fishtank with 2guppies/1pseudogastromyzon/1 dwarf crayfish)
    - Marine life, I find it fascinating really
    - Sharks. Since they're cool and pretty much the most :censored: creature on earth.
    - making long lists and posts. (lol)

If I had more time and money, I'd probably be into motorcycling and RC planes too.

I think that's pretty complete.

Soup, Nick4305, SurvivePenna and 2 others like this.
  2. BarksAtCats
    • In Omnia Paratus

BarksAtCats Loaded Pockets

Hello and welcome from Maine! I think your English is fantastic! it is also way, WAY, better than my French (don't worry, I won't embarrass myself by even attempting to write in French here - much to everyone's disappointment.) ;)

I would love to see a pic of your cell phone! I have NEVER been able to find anything resembling a small cell phone here in the states.

I couldn't agree more! I have two of those knives: one with a silver, clip point, straight (non-serrated) blade and another one with a black, clip point, combo blade. I love these knives! (though I wish the handles felt a little more...I don't know...sturdy?) But I quickly became very tired of the fear I would see reflected in the faces of people around me whenever I used it in a public spot. AK Adventurer (one of the people on this forum) had a brilliant idea. He said to keep one in my winter coat because of how easy it is to open this knife with your gloves on! So that is what I do now. And I EDC a Swiss Army Knife (that I also love, but I really miss that SOG sometimes.) The Swiss Army Knife (or SAK) seems to be a LOT more people friendly. :cool: :p

I also love your wallet! In fact, I am going to Google that right now. Welcome to the forum!

alexvpaq likes this.
  3. alexvpaq

alexvpaq Loaded Pockets

Yeah the handles are plastic-ish but still very strong and that pocket clip is just awesome, best pocket clip ever IMHO carries very deep, they replace it for free if you ever break it and even though I bent it twice, all I had to do was take it off, rebend it, reinstall. Job done. I don't think there's anything better than it. However carrying it in a winter coat is a great idea. I'll do it next winter. Thanks!

Alright, I tried to link something for you to be able to see and compare smartphone sizes easily but the website wont let me so google ''phonearena size comparison'' then select xperia ray, your phone, and then calibrate it with your phone (make it the same size as it is in real life) and then you'll know. I'll try to post a picture someday.You can also compare it with some other phones, it's a really fun tool.

and for the wallet, make sure to youtube it too. You'll understand why they call it a magic wallet :p

Trickster and BarksAtCats like this.
  4. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

5. Russ Prechtl

Russ Prechtl EDC Junkie!!!!!

Welcome from Illinois!

6. Trickster

Trickster Loaded Pockets

Welcome from Berlin!

7. SurvivePenna
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

SurvivePenna EDC Junkie!!!!!

:wavespin: Hello and welcome to EDCF !!!! :) Glad that you found us...enjoy the forums !

alexvpaq likes this.
  8. Nick4305
    • In Omnia Paratus

Nick4305 EDC Junkie!!!!!

Hello and welcome from Italy !

alexvpaq likes this.
  9. ruben1128

ruben1128 Loaded Pockets

Hi welcome !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. bystander

bystander Loaded Pockets

welcome to the forums.

11. derfyled

derfyled Loaded Pockets

Hi from the same province as you ! Et français aussi...

12. alexvpaq

alexvpaq Loaded Pockets

Il y a beaucoup de québécois ici?

13. anthro-2010

anthro-2010 Loaded Pockets

Welcome from Tennessee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Soup

Soup Loaded Pockets

Salut, bienvenue... Et gaffe au porte-monnaie, la fréquentation du forum donne des crises de shopping...

alexvpaq likes this.
  15. LarryB

LarryB Empty Pockets

Howdy, glad you made your way here. I'm a new guy here too but not to traveling light and efficiently. :) Welcome from your next province neighbor in Ontario. See ya around the campfire.

lb