1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

A Navy SEAL’s Preferred EDC Gear

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by Stranger, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Stranger
    • In Omnia Paratus

Stranger EDC Junkie!!!

While searching for Maj.-Gen. Mike Rouleau's negligent discharge on Google, I ended up on Sofrep.com, and found this other link interesting: A Navy SEAL’s Preferred EDC.

[​IMG]

The only item I recognize in this photo is the G2 Nitrolon, and I have two of those, but my G2X Pro is a better choice, and I've been carrying that on my belt for a while now. While I don't think it is 'the best' EDC light choice, it is a very good choice, and it works for me at this time. I'll switch at some point, but I'm happy with it for now.

Of particular interest to me in this photo is the folder. I have no idea what knife that is, but I'm very interested to know, as I might want one. My preferred EDC folder might be a Paramilitary, or otherwise I would go with a SOG or a Benchmade. While I love the Spyderco models, and being flat they fit in a pocket very nice, but also because they are flat they don't fill the hand very well. I guess there is compromise either way. I would love a folder that fills the hand like an old SOG Tomcat, but those are discontinued, and I have no interest in the Tomcat II. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. SOG should have left well enough alone. Those bolsters were awesome. I might be proven wrong if I held one in my hand, but by its looks, I'm not impressed.

Lately I've been carrying a Gerber Swagger, drop point, serrated as my EDC, and a Benchmade Pika Tanto as my left side/backup. As for the Swagger, I'm not too fond of liner locks. Lock backs are the best, imo, so I'm very interested in a new EDC knife. My problem is that a real good knife, like a Paramilitary, Police Model, or my old Endura, are too large for general use, so I never used my Endura. The outside got worn while the blade was brand new after two years in my pocket. I guess I haven't decided on what I really want in my right pocket. I would freak out people if I pulled a Paramilitary out to cut string.

Concerning the EDC holster, I'm not allowed to carry in Canada, so I don't, but I have a Vedder LightTuck for my P229, and I love it. I highly recommend this IWB holster. I've worn it around the house with my SIG in it, and it's very comfortable. Vedder makes a great holster, and gives great service. All holsters come in a nice carry sack. Completely unnecessary, but a nice touch. And I received the holster about 4 days after ordering, shipped to Canada!!

So concerning the SEAL's EDC video, I'm quite disappointed that the video has no correlation to the photo, since I was expecting a review of what I saw in the photo, but I'm wondering if anyone in this forum could identify the other items pictured. I can only identify the Surefire.

2. Random Dan

Random Dan Loaded Pockets

The folder looks like a Benchmade Presidio

Stranger and ModrnDayMcGyver like this.
  3. Stranger
    • In Omnia Paratus

Stranger EDC Junkie!!!

Thank you, Dan. I just looked it up, and now I plan to buy one on eBay, $178US, free shipping to Canada. It looks like a great EDC knife.

4. GatorMedic

GatorMedic Loaded Pockets

I EDC the Benchmade Auto Presidio at work for a couple years now. It's a good knife

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Stranger likes this.
  5. Jay PS

Jay PS Loaded Pockets

I have a hard time wrapping my mind around not being "allowed" to carry.

Sent from my KFAPWI using Tapatalk

jeepfreak38 and Stranger like this.
  6. charlie fox

charlie fox Loaded Pockets

I think the main thing here is find stuff that works for your circumstances and stick with it. This goes if your a SEAL or a student; examine your needs, find the gear that suits those needs, gear up and move out.

BTW, I know a couple of SEALs; neither carry a ton of gear "off duty". One carries a old Buck 110 in his back pocket and the other carries a SAK Classic on his key ring. Not very tactical, but it works for their daily life:)

RVER, malraux72, Stranger and 3 others like this.
  7. kikaida

kikaida Loaded Pockets

This thread is an example how the subject of EDC is entirely subjective because everyone's needs and/or preferences are different. Some people prefer to carry a lot of gear, some people prefer to carry minimal gear, while others are somewhere in between. Some people prefer to carry high end equipment, while others may prefer inexpensive easily replaceable gear, and some prefer to carry in-between products. It's entirely up to the individual.

8. malraux72

malraux72 Loaded Pockets

We might know the same one .. This one is retired. Old Buck 110 his daily carry.