1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

a minor Notebook 'hack'

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by captbrian, Dec 4, 2018.

1. captbrian

captbrian Empty Pockets

Sorry for using the overused 'hack' word, but I failed to think of an alternate... perhaps why it is overused. Anyway, just wanted to share something I started doing with my notebooks that has improved my thought organization and notebook usage in general.

[​IMG]

I started putting various size/color/stickiness Post-Its on blank pages. When I actually put pencil to paper, I like to have already drafted something out... hence the temporary Post-Its. It keeps my notebooks much more organized and penmanship in check. (OCD). When I get something thought out, that is less than just a transitory thought, I transfer it to the notebook pages. I also frequently use them for lists (shopping, to-do, etc) and negate the need for a secondary method (typically for me Post-Its put into my wallet).

Anyway, simple thing, perhaps pretty silly, but it made a minor life-change for me. Also saving me some coin on notebooks. Thought I'd share.

Cheers.

TNRat, Froley, FLbeachbum and 11 others like this.
  2. YankeeHotelFoxtrot

YankeeHotelFoxtrot Loaded Pockets

3. rcrfc

rcrfc Empty Pockets

simple, multi-use, effective. Good idea!

4. rat-7

rat-7 Loaded Pockets

I often have a few sticky notes in my book as well. Handy for note leaving and such.

5. captbrian

captbrian Empty Pockets

and a thank you to "Cervantes" for introducing me to Extreme Post-Its in another thread... I will now add those too, to my 'toolbelt'.

6. Journo

Journo Loaded Pockets

Most of my books have a back pocket, I stick the Post-It Notes on an index card and then put it into the pocket.

WillAdams likes this.