1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

A little MOLLE advice: is it feasible to connect these two together?

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by chx1975, Apr 27, 2020.

1. chx1975

chx1975 Loaded Pockets

I am looking at https://www.cabinzero.com/products/military-28l-lightweight-cabin-bag and I already have https://www.cargo-works.com/collections/all/products/15-macbook-edc-pack . Would it be feasible to connect them front-to-front and which MOLLE sticks would work best especially if I wanted to take them apart with relative ease? In theory, well, they are six column MOLLE, I am just not sure whether weaving like six rows times six columns is feasible, I only tried MOLLEing phone pouches before :) The two bag together would make for a wonderful personal item and the CW bag would make for a wonderfully slim daybag.

zyntherius likes this.
  2. Thehunt

Thehunt Loaded Pockets

Technically possible? Sure.

Would I do it? No, not really. Both bags have a consiberable depth, so the combined package would sag down and you would have to consider the required clearing as not to run into things.

That´s why I prefer tall and slim bags, opposed to lets say a Maxped Mongo.

Just my .02 of course...

GoBliNuke likes this.
  3. Water-Rat

Water-Rat Loaded Pockets

I suppose you could, though the two would probably be a little awkward tied together like that. I've never heard of anybody connecting bags in this manner. The straps on the outside bag might need to be tied to the bag so they don't catch on anything. As to clips, I have experience with Vanquest's clips which take a little bit of time to weave through the MOLLE but can be removed quickly. I also have experience with Malice Clips which have a tough clip that needs a key/flat tip screwdriver/prybar to unclip, but come right out once undone. Have you considered having them both in the normal orientation using 5.11 Tier straps? Before buying clips, you might tie them together with cordage and see how awkward it feels just to know if you want to do it or not.

GoBliNuke likes this.
  4. chx1975

chx1975 Loaded Pockets

Last edited by chx1975, Apr 28, 2020
    #4 chx1975, Apr 28, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
    GoBliNuke likes this.
  5. Jay-uk

Jay-uk Loaded Pockets

I think for the purpose you may be better putting compression straps and piggy backing one on to the other ,quick realising them.
    As the molle has a velcro field, I would put some velcro on the rear of the small pack ,so whole its clipped on the velcro makes it firmer reduced movement