1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

A dog magically appeared in my yard.

Discussion in 'The Breakroom' started by JonSidneyB, Feb 21, 2014.

1. indigo_wolf

indigo_wolf AKA Breezy

I think the parents of the Pit Puppy need to consider a dog park or doggy daycare so the he/she can find some friends his/her own age. A pup trying to coax an older dog to play doesn't always work out that well... especially if roughhousing on 3 legs could do further damage.

ATB,
    Sam

2. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

A nurse friend stopped by for just a moment. She said she didn't know for sure but thinks it might be bursitis.

I went to the owner of the puppies house and the Mom was there. She is going to come over and get him.

Last edited by JonSidneyB, Feb 26, 2014
    SAKplumber likes this.
  3. John Lee Pettimore
    • In Omnia Paratus

John Lee Pettimore Loaded Pockets

You know, Jon, I've been doing a lot of thinking about this thread over the past couple of days. I've debated sending this to you in pm, but decided to just throw it out here in the hopes that others might have an idea. I've been there before myself and without going into a lot of detail I've had friends who helped me with my pets. I've also been on the other side of the fence at times and helped friends with their pets.

What can we (as a community) do to help you get Rufus the treatment he needs? Or, if not treatment, just the evaluation to see if there is anything that can/should be done for him.

4. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

No, I need to figure out how to do this. It is kind of complicated as to why. I probably say way too much.

What I will do is ask if there is a vet on the forum and see if I can send them a video of Rufus walking and some pictures.

wrath0r likes this.
  5. wrath0r
    • In Omnia Paratus

wrath0r EDC Junkie!!!

I'm liking this because of the video part only, and I suggest you make a thread dedicated to that.

You don't say too much. You say just enough so everyone is concerned but nobody has a clear picture of what's going on. We then make well-intentioned guesses and offers. All offers are rejected because they don't fit the context, but no context is given so the circle continues.

I think, if you don't want help, we need you to state that up front. Likewise if you do want help we need you to be specific about what you'd like (for example, asking about a vet is good and specific).

This unsolicited advice is brought to you by the letter b.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

MrOG and AK Adventurer like this.
  6. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

I could only get him to walk for a little while and did not have a good angle on it. You can see him struggle to lay back down. It looks worse in real life than on this video. There are times he hops only on the good leg. He is not very stable. I will try and get a better one when I see him walk again.

Last edited by JonSidneyB, Feb 26, 2014
  7. Schnurri

Schnurri Loaded Pockets

If it is bursitis, you should take Rufus to a vet, because if it's not treated, it might get chronic. I assume you have checked the paw thoroughly for any splinters or thorns?

8. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

I checked the paw and can't find anything wrong with it. The leg is swollen compared to the other side.

There is not a way for me to get him to a vet right now. I am trying to work on something to pull that off.

Last edited by JonSidneyB, Feb 27, 2014
  9. Kerstel

Kerstel Loaded Pockets

10. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

I am working on getting a group pre-sale together to try and undue that happened on the last pre-sale and do something for Rufus. thinks work better if I have 5 things at one time rather than 1 thing 5 times. I have not been around as much trying to gather as many things together to try and pull this off.

11. z0mbiSl4y3r

z0mbiSl4y3r Loaded Pockets

how much do we need to get Rufus taken care of? The reason I ask is I will be in a position to donate some cash to help you out with him.

SAKplumber, Kerstel and vegassprky like this.
  12. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!