1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

A bag for everything

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by Zeejohn, Nov 25, 2014.

1. Zeejohn

Zeejohn Empty Pockets

First I would like a shoulder friendly bag. Second, I would like a bag for everything I do or need to eliminate switching constantly. I am a mom of two small kids so I need it to be a diaper bag/ gym bag/ everyday bag when my kids are not with me (like going to work). I've tried the gearslinger type (Lunada knockoff) but it gets around my neck and isn't big enough. I've tried the jumbo versipack type too, but it too seems heavy on the shoulder after awhile out and about and isn't big enough. Any ideas on what direction to go now? I have a North Face Borealis backpack which seems like it would cut it, but I am not sure I need it that big everyday when I leave home and I don't really want to look like a student. Need help.

2. catenate

catenate Loaded Pockets

A minimal bag with molle webbing on it could give you the flexibility to add storage compartments when you need them, and leave them behind when you don't. You could get extra compartments to keep some loaded up, so you don't always have to re-pack just one compartment. The smallest backpack I've seen that has a lot of molle for use like this, inside and out, is the All Hazards Nitro from 5.11. I have the Prime, a step up in size, and it's very versatile. You might also consider a Rush 12, also from 5.11, which fits 6"x10" pouches on the sides (holds about 3 ordinary plastic water bottles) without blocking the main compartment's zipper.

Also, consider Blackhawk speed clips to get pouches on and off more quickly.

Molle bags do have a tactical look to them, but you can defuse that with cute patches and fobs with beads in pretty colors, if you like.

Dedrich likes this.
  3. Heavyduti

Heavyduti Banned

Great Ghost Gear Lightweight Assault Pack weighs nothing and is very versatile.

hal_chase, Nighted and Pete3 like this.
  4. hunter s gatherer
    • In Omnia Paratus

hunter s gatherer EDC Junkie!!!

You're not talking about my wife are you?

Pete3 likes this.
  5. atilano

atilano Loaded Pockets

The 5.11 Rush 12 might fill your needs. I use mine for everything you mentioned. Great bag.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. Whiteswoodworks

Whiteswoodworks Loaded Pockets

Kifaru E&E is a small backpack that many people add pockets and organizers to.

Darrel S. Jarvis likes this.
  7. geekandwife

geekandwife Loaded Pockets

LA police gear Bail out bag. 20 bucks and holds a crap ton. I carried mine till my wife took it.

fourSAK likes this.
  8. pumpmaster

pumpmaster Loaded Pockets

Do you carry an extra pair of shoes to the gym? If so, that automatically makes the gym bag larger than I like for an EDC bag. I leave the gym bag in the trunk and just swap bags when going into the gym.
    My search for "the one perfect bag" falls apart whenever a pair of shoes, change of clothes and a towel need to be carried.

9. twogunmojo

twogunmojo Banned

could you give us an idea of how much money you want to spend...a shoulder bag is going to limit you in several ways first of which is that it is always going to pull on your neck and shoulders which means constantly switching the side you carry the bag on...a back pack would be a much better idea..a goruck sd25 would hold all your stuff and if you need more organization you could buy the shadow pocket collection and each shadow pocket has its own handle so you can carry them separately if you want...mystery ranch and kifaru should also have something you like but the price points are going to be way different from maker to maker as well as place of manufacture...

10. damsdv

damsdv Empty Pockets

I have a platatac backpack that has molle on the inside so that you can add pouches as you wish and molle in the outside. I use it as a camera bag at the moment. Outstanding bag and extremely versatile. Spur sms pack 2013. Will post up some pics shortly.

11. damsdv

damsdv Empty Pockets

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

adobo likes this.
  12. Myrddraal

Myrddraal Loaded Pockets

Not the cheapest option, but check out the First Spear Comm Pack. It comes in two sizes, so you should be able to get the volume you want. I own both sizes and can attest to the quality of workmanship and materials. The design is just awesome, and their customer service is amazing. I don't work for them...just a big fan of their offerings :)

13. Bob the Dog

Bob the Dog Loaded Pockets

I have been eying one of these off for a while. They seem like a quality alternative to something like the Rush 24.

For some reason, I didn't think they came in black....

14. JT2V

JT2V Loaded Pockets

If you are willing to spend a bit,look at Tom bihn. You have a few good choices like the synapse and you won't look like a student (or at least a grad student ;)

15. damsdv

damsdv Empty Pockets

They do come in black....... :)
    great bag, could just be a fraction wider so that I could put two minimi pouches side by side, it is about 1 molle line to narrow. Also the shoulder straps could just be a bit more padded.

16. fourSAK

fourSAK Loaded Pockets

I ordered a LA Police Gear Bail Out bag and one of their plastic divider boxes. It's great for my needs!
    In the main compartment I have my 10.1 tablet in it's case, the LA Police gear plastic box with charger, cables, ear buds, instant coffee, antbiotic ointment, first aid tape, and mini altoids tin containing a fire kit. And a notebook.
    All of the pockets are great for cellphones, knives, small first aid kit, meds, wallet, small multi tool, and bic lighters!
    The water bottle holders will hold my 40 oz. Sports Authority stainless steel bottle on one end and my 16 oz coffee Thermos on the other end.
    I got it in black.