1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

5.11 Tactical - Covert Khaki 2.0

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by mcmc, Jun 27, 2012.

1. mcmc

mcmc Loaded Pockets

Just got in 2 pair of the 5.11 Tactical Covert Khaki 2.0's. One in black and one in khaki color.

Sorry, no pics, but here's a link:
    http://www.511tactical.com/All-Products/Pants/Tactical-Pants/covert-khaki-pants.html

Initial impressions are that they are very nice! I'm wearing them now at work actually. They have the standard 2 front, 2 rear pockets, but also have a small hidden (kind of like jean coin pocket) pocket above the right front pocket, near the belt seam. And 2 hidden pockets at the outer seam of each leg, with invisible zips. They're not huge in size, but accomodate my wallet fine.

I normally wear 5.11 Taclite cargoes, but for Sunday and more formal occasions, these will be great, to be able to stash a little more stuff "covertly" (and not look like a dork doing it).

One main thing is I don't like putting my wallet in my back pocket. Looks ugly.

One final aspect is the fabric - 65%/35% poly/cotton - a nice blend that has enough cotton to make the pants look sharp, but enough poly to make it light, breathable, and quick-dry.

Loving these so far!

JD HHI 6092 likes this.
  2. Chopper

Chopper Loaded Pockets

I have the original version of these and love them to bits. Very hardwearing and wash well.
    They are just over a year old and still like new.

3. mcmc

mcmc Loaded Pockets

Cool beans! Yeah I hear how the original version was better!

4. D50boy

D50boy Loaded Pockets

I have a pair in black for the office. I like the deep pockets and the hidden elastic in the waist.

5. larrupin

larrupin Loaded Pockets

I have 3 pair of the orginals, I really like the concealed zippered pockets in the front pockets.
    I have had realy good luck with them, really wearing well though they do seem to run a little bit large, the old ones did anyway.

6. ketchupgun

ketchupgun Loaded Pockets

Do you think these could pass as "dressy enough" for a wedding photographer?

I currently wear black Adidas golf pants (stretchy, lots of movement, lightweight and i can sweat in them safely and virtually spill/stain proof, and no need to iron) but sure could use a couple of extra pockets. Goes well with black golf shirts.

My fear of 5.11 pants is theyll look like army-work duds.

7. Soulriot
    • Administrator
    • +1 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

Soulriot EDCF Rule Enforcer
    Staff Member

I don't have the 2.0, but the orginal pair I have looks just like a pair of Dockers.

8. mcmc

mcmc Loaded Pockets

Being an amateur photog who has also covered some weddings, I have a little experience there - and yes, they definitely do look dressy enough for that, especially the black ones. THey are really slick. The part-poly blend gives them a little of the snazzy sheen, and they hold wrinkles at bay really well. They don't look army-ish at all, and the side pockets are pretty indispensable, now that I've used them for a while and got the hang of them.

Btw, they work better and conceal better, when the pocket material sits back rather than forward (i.e., the pocket itself can swing forward and sit on your thigh, or swing backward and sit behind your thigh - the latter config is much better I found; the other way makes a bulge in the front).

ketchupgun likes this.
  9. zenlunatic

zenlunatic Loaded Pockets

They are nice pants. I've seen them in use and no one else besides us folks would spot them. They look like normal pants. Now that they are offered as non-100% cotton, I might have to get some.

10. Idaho Gunslinger

Idaho Gunslinger Loaded Pockets

Seriously wanting these to supplement my taclight pros.

11. ketchupgun

ketchupgun Loaded Pockets

I finally got two pairs of black. Amazing wedding photography pants!!!.
    Secret pockets store batteries, flash cards, lens wipe....and they look super spiffy. My wife (who also shoots) wants a pair, though I'm not sure a women's version exists. They look super sharp...could practically wear them to any function, with a suit pretty much. Great pants.

I will say they aren't as stretchy as the golf pants I usually wear,but I suspect they'll be a bit more durable...and they'll break in I suppose.

And the concealed elastic waist...nice!

12. Motorman

Motorman Loaded Pockets

Does anyone know if you can still buy the "original" version?

Thanks

13. JP5

JP5 Loaded Pockets

I really need to pick up a couple of these, I can't afford the $100+ Men's Warehouse dress pants anymore at the rate I destroy them...

14. Wolfhound0023

Wolfhound0023 Loaded Pockets

will have to look into these, thanks

15. JD HHI 6092

JD HHI 6092 Loaded Pockets

Great pants. I wore these while working in Iraq. Held up well.

16. Wolfhound0023

Wolfhound0023 Loaded Pockets

How is the sizing? Are the similar to the TacLite Pro?

17. JD HHI 6092

JD HHI 6092 Loaded Pockets

I've never tired the TacLite but I'm going to go on a limb and say yes since both are 5.11.

18. Chopper

Chopper Loaded Pockets

You are pretty safe with 5.11 sizes, they are uniform throughout the range.