1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

5.11 Side Trip Briefcase - anyone own one?

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by vamil93, Nov 19, 2010.

1. vamil93

vamil93 Loaded Pockets

How does it compare with Maxpedition gear? I am in the market for an office bag. I have looked at this and the Maxped MPB and attaches.

Any advice is appreciated.

2. acv

acv Loaded Pockets

I have one and also have Max gear. You can’t directly compare it. If you think it’s gonna be a Max substitute just cheaper than don’t buy it.

If you want a reasonably well made bag that is pretty well thought out and cheaper than the Maxped alternatives than look at this bag.

The materials on the side trip are lighter than what Maxped uses. 5.11 doesn’t use real loop material on the inside it’s kind of like “felt”. Honestly I’m not using this “feature” so I don’t really care about it. The build quality is fairly good but not bomb proof like the Maxped stuff.

Overall the side trip fits my needs nicely. It will carry my relatively large laptop and I have extra room to stuff in a jacket if need be. I like the way it is organized and it fits right into my modular bag approach for EDC.

3. untamed

untamed Empty Pockets

^ I think it is fair that you point out there is no point in comparison. Been interested in that bag myself. From the Youtube vids, it does seem to be well-thought out in terms of design.

4. _STL_15_

_STL_15_ Loaded Pockets

I have one. It is well made. Serves it purpose. I actually had it listed here for sale awhile ago but no bites.