1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

5.11 Rush Backpacks?

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by Dave568, Nov 10, 2007.

1. Rémy

Rémy Empty Pockets

Want to see some pictures too...
    I wonder how much stuff you can really put into the Rush24 compared to the Rush72...
    :ty:

2. Force Attuned

Force Attuned Loaded Pockets

I have a Rush 24 on the way...looking forward to receiving it.

3. Force Attuned

I received my Rush 24 today. :)

Great quality backpack. As part of a special deal I also received 3 x V-Tac pouches at no extra charge (2 x padded pouches now attached to the rear top and bottom and the H20 carrier now attached to the RHS).

I am going out bush very soon and can't wait to use it out it the wild.

To potential buyers beware that there are Rush 24/72 clones for sale on the Bay. :evil:

I would be interested to know what other owners set-ups with the backpack are in respect to add-on pouches and attached locations.

Cheers

4. deep30hz

deep30hz Empty Pockets

Glad you like the Rush 24. I love mine. Actually for what I use it for, so far I've have had no need for adding additional pouches to it 'cause it has so many to begin with lol. Great pack hope you enjoy it.

5. Cochiez

Cochiez Empty Pockets

I haven't read the whole thread yet, so I don't know what's been posted so far. My thoughts are this: I love my Rush 72. It seems pretty bombproof so far, has a TON of organization options (almost too much), and has a decent suspension. That said, I wish the suspension was a little more adjustable - IMHO, ALL tactical duty packs of this size should have adjustments on the shoulder straps to help balance the weight on the hipbelt and shoulders. Maybe this is asking too much for a pack in this price range, I don't know. In all other aspects, I love the pack. One thing to keep an eye on is how you load the front panel - it can have a tendency to flop around when you disconnect the cinch/compression straps.

6. Ecko

Ecko Loaded Pockets

I've been debating on whether or not to get this or the Pygmy Falcon II for a GHB. I was leaning towards the 5.11 and after hearing how happy everyone is with theirs I'm definitely going to pull the trigger on it.

For those that want to see a video review of it .... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-YadMd10P0

7. Force Attuned

You will not be dissapointed...I love the internal layout of the pack and being able to add customisable puches on the outside sealed the deal for me.

8. jlomein

jlomein Loaded Pockets

I own the 5.11 Rush 24 and the Maxpedition Pygmy Falcon II, both are very different packs for different situations. I don't know what a GHB is, but I don't think you should compare these two. I used the Pygmy Falcon as a small EDC pack while touristing around Japan for a month. It was great for holding my daily gear, and was compact on my back. I used the Rush 24 as an airplane carry on bag as it is much larger (near the carry on size limit for most airlines), and it held all of my expensive items I didn't want to put in checked luggage and also a set of clothes in case my checked luggage was lost. I loved using both.

9. Force Attuned

I have just returned from holidays and got some fair use of the Rush 24.

I am now even happier I purchased this backpack. It is truly amazing in terms of build quality and and serves my purposes to a 'T'.

I seriously didn't realise how many compartments there were (ie compartments within compartments!!)

Great Bag!

10. jujigatame

jujigatame Loaded Pockets

Did you feel the pack sat comfortably on your back when loaded?

11. Ecko

Ecko Loaded Pockets

I just pulled the trigger on a Rush24 today. I can't wait until it arrives and I get to have fun trying to fill up all the pockets.

12. amv

amv Loaded Pockets

I was using my Falcon 2 as a weekend back and it was too small so I got the Rush 72. To be diplomatic it is no where close to my favorite. In fact I really can't stand it. What ruins it for me is the space between the main pocket and the front pocket. It makes the bag very unwieldy. It's very difficult to get into the main pocket without undoing the tension straps holding the front pocket up. When you do undo them the front pocket flops down. Just an awful design. FYI, I also have the Rush 24. I like this design much more, although I still like the Falcon 2 the best.

13. jujigatame

Do you not encounter the same problem with the 24? Or at least not to the same degree as the 72?

14. amv

amv Loaded Pockets

No, not at all. The 24 and the 72 are different in this one regard, there is no space between the front and main pocket in the 24. I'm talking about the area in the 72 that you can use to stow a rifle or small tent. Although I found it wasn't really stable enough for this purpose either when I tested it.

15. deep30hz

deep30hz Empty Pockets

I really like my Rush 72, but the design of it allows the front pouch to flop down every time the bag is opened. I like the fact that I can carry alot of stuff in that "open" area though. I would like to see big patch of heavy duty hook and loop material stitched onto that area, this way it would stay put when the compression straps are undone and not flop down. Then when you need to use that open space just pull it apart. I might even put some hook and loop on it myself.

16. jujigatame

Okay, gotcha. It would make more sense for that section to have its own attachment and compression/expansion system separate from that of the main one.

17. chickeneye

chickeneye Loaded Pockets

thinkin about getting the 24 as an edc/school bag. i never have a lot of books to carry, is the main compartment big enough for a textbook/notebook or 2?

i wish it had a way to carry a nalg :idiot2:

18. IROCKID

IROCKID Loaded Pockets

I have 2 of the 24's and one 72. The 24 would be more than ample for EDC, depending on how much you carry....it is hugely (?) expandable via the 5.11 SlickStick add on pouches and other MOLLE compatible pouches and gear.

It has a decent layout with plenty of organization built in. It (the 24) has great shoulder straps but has no waist strap, a great carry handle on top and a slick little compartment that is felt lined for your sunglasses.

I love both the 24 and the 72. But for everyday, the 72 is a bit bigger than needed....everyday, if you're not carrying book the PUSH pack is a great option, I think it is bigger and laid out better than the MaxP Jumbo Versipack...I have both of them as well and like the 5.11 better for the more options it gives you to expand....I'm just waiting for my 5.11 Bail-Out Bag to come in so I can set it u and try it on for size...I think it's going to be perfect.... :woohoo: