1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

5.11 Rush Backpacks?

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by Dave568, Nov 10, 2007.

1. peacefuljeffrey

I'm going to start to consider (and save up for) a Rush24, because I need a better EDC bag than the cheap-o knapsack I got from Walmart.

I just think that it's a shame that so much of the 5.11 stuff is "imported."
    I would've expected them to be a proud "Made in U.S.A." kind of company. :(
    I'm not saying that if it's imported, it can't be well made... just that I like my well-made stuff to be made here.

2. a99raptors

a99raptors Empty Pockets

Hi y'all.

Just got my first real backpack - the RUSH 24.

It is the best one I own currently. Looks professional and tactical at the same time. It's something I don't mind bringing to work or to the mall with me. And it's true, holds a lot more than what I need in 24 hours. Plus the construction is great, holds it's shape too. Anyone knows if it can fit a Camelbak hydration system? And if so, which type?

3. marvin

marvin Empty Pockets

Ordered mine the other day, unfortunately it's on back order at the moment, but supposedly they're getting a new shipment very soon. Can't wait to get my hands on it, will post pics.

4. jlomein

jlomein Loaded Pockets

Can you let us know which retailer has it backordered? I was actually just considering the Rush 24 for an upcoming vacation.

5. marvin

marvin Empty Pockets

Ordered mine from lapolicegear.com. Actually got the UPS shipping info today so...not too bad, 3 day back order.

6. marvin

marvin Empty Pockets

Just got mine in the mail. What a great bag! I've probably got way too many pouches I could put on this thing and my natural reaction is to put everything I have on it...but I'll refrain. It also has a ton of pockets and organization going on inside, I'll have fun trying to organize all my gear. But based on first impressions, I'm pretty impressed. Going on a trip tomorrow so I'll be able to give it a whirl and elaborate further. Anyway, pics soon. Great bag so far.

7. Jerold

Jerold Empty Pockets

You can take off the sternum strap if you don't like it or use it. The only complaint that I've got are the drain holes on the bottom of the bag. You gotta be careful if you're gonna put the bag down in wet weather. They should've put that rubber type fabric on the bottom to reduce wear on the bottom panels.

I stick a 5.11 10.6 pouch in the compartment for a camelback when I travel for those just in case I need one situations. You can actually fit 2 of them in that space.
    It's a good compartment to store emergency items (collapsible umbrella, rain poncho or some extra bags in case you have extra items that won't fit in the backpack.

The drain hole(s) make sense if you are using the bag tactically to drain dirt and sand and possibly water, but for civilian everday use, it's more of a way of stuff to get into the bag.

8. jlomein

jlomein Loaded Pockets

I was searching eBay and came across a unique item...a GREEN 5.11 RUSH 24 backpack. I have not seen it sold or mentioned elsewhere, since as far as I know, 5.11 makes all their backpacks and pouches only in black and deep flat earth. I fired off an email to 5.11 to ask if its genuine.

Green 5.11 backpack on eBay viewed here.

9. BIG-TARGET

BIG-TARGET Empty Pockets

Looks nice with that color. But I'll stick with my coyote color model

10. jlomein

jlomein Loaded Pockets

Well I just received a reply from Gary Vorst, a QA Manager at 5.11 Tactical, who sent the following response when asked about the green RUSH 24 pack:

"We don’t offer the RUSH packs in green. Be careful it’s not ours."

I also emailed the eBay seller, quoting the response I received directly form 5.11, and when asked about the green colour, the seller wrote:

"Actually, it is "Flat Dark Earth"."

Anyways, sounds like something is shady, I wouldn't advise buying from this seller. It seems like he may be intentionally trying to deceive buyers, since his auction states the pack is green, and the photo is clearly of a green pack.

11. m29oicw

m29oicw BST/Marketplace ban

How does the 5.11 Rush 24 compare to the Maxpedition pygmy falcon II? Is it constructed as well as the Maxpedition pygmy falcon II? How much bigger is the 5.11 Rush 24?

12. Cryptic

Cryptic Loaded Pockets

I've seen pictures of the two pockets on the front- how is the interior organized? Just one big pocket? Also, what are the dimensions of both the 24 and the 72? I can't seem to find those....... :(

13. jlomein

jlomein Loaded Pockets

Rush 24 main compartment is 20 inches H X 12 inches W X 7 inches D. This would have turned up in a forum search if the thread starter for that topic hadn't spelt "deminsion" wrong lol. There are very few pictures of the Rush 24 main compartment interior, so when I bought mine I was surprised that there were so many organizing options. There are several net material pouches as well as a large pouch that can be flattened and has a shockcord closure.

Milspec Monkey put up some external Rush 24 pics but never did a full review, so I may put one up here soon. 5.11 should really post more interior pics on their website as I'm sure it would boost sales if people knew how much storage organization it had.

14. Cryptic

Cryptic Loaded Pockets

The LAPG sales magazine has some more dimensions; I will post them up when I have it in my hands. Are the external dimensions the same as the main compartment? I am wondering if it can be a carry-on or not- so far, it looks so ( being under 22" H x 14"W x 9" D).

Thanks.

15. Cryptic

Cryptic Loaded Pockets

Rush 24 main compartment: 20"H x 12" W x 7"D
    Side pockets 13" long

Rush 72 main compartment 23" H x 15" W x 8"D
    Side compartments are 2" W and 15" L

16. jlomein

jlomein Loaded Pockets

17. flash_bang

flash_bang Loaded Pockets

Hello!
    I went to a store with 5.11 stuff, and I looked at the Rush backpacks. The only thing I noticed is when I picked it up, it was quite heavy. I couldn't find a weight stat anywhere, could someone help me out?

Thanks!
    Flash

18. Joe McDoakes

Joe McDoakes Loaded Pockets

There is a pocket behind each of the lower pads to hide the waist belt on the Rush 72.

I've been eyeing up a Rush 24 or Rush 72 pack for a couple of months. This weekend at the local uniform store they had a Flat Dark Earth Rush 72 with the free water carrier for $139. This matches the prices I've seen online so I pulled the trigger. This is my first foray into a molle type pack, but it looks like it will be a great bag. Alas, I don't have any pouches to hang on it yet :(

Next week I'll be giving it a good shakedown cruise. A friend and I are heading down to McDonald Observatory in Fort Davis TX for a night and after that we're planning to overnight in Big Bend National Park and/or day hike for the remainder of the week. I should have a some idea of what kind of pouches I want after the trip.

19. sandaili

sandaili Empty Pockets

I just wanted to add that when I am using my 72, I often forget it even has the waist belt unless I consciously pull it out from behind me after I put the pack on.

I just bought a Rush 24 for school use only, and I am sort of regretting not getting the Rush 72. I already own a 72 and I'm used to all those options. But I already took off the tags, so I'll just add more pouches if necessary.

1. Honestly - here's a couple of things I wish were better about the 24. It doesn't have the pockets in the back behind the wear panels that the 72 has. It could have.

2. The front top pocket should be the same as the one on the 72. Having two things to unzip in emergencies is not good.

3. The pockets on the sides, should have had either another inside pocket or a deeper one than they aready have. It only goes down about 3 or 4 inches. Or perhaps had molle inside to hold knives or other things, since on the 24, this pocket is very flat and can't really hold any bottles well (nalgene).

4. The inside divider on the front has very tight inner pockets compared to the 72. I don't see why they had to make it that way (the ones on the reverse of the front flap).

All in all, if you need a gear bag (and I mean like, mask, gloves, clothes, etc) then get the 72. If you need a one day bag that you'd like to attach a lot of molle pouches to and is lighter, then go for the 24. I'm going to have fun attaching lots of pouches to it, but honestly - the 72 needs no pouches at all, gives a lot more organization options, and I know with that bag I never want for space. Unfortunately, for my hobby I get a lot of gross stuff on the 72 so I can't just switch bags. I wonder if my police store will let me return the bag but I already cut off the tags - so I doubt it.

L

L

20. Sharpy_swe

Sharpy_swe Loaded Pockets

Any one got pictures of the Rush72 wearing it?

I start to wonder if I should look out the 72 instead of the 24 :help: