1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

5.11 Rush Backpacks Internal Molle or Velcro

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by Yek4, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Yek4

Yek4 Loaded Pockets

I did the 5.11 Rush backpack series but I'm not completely happy with the internal organization. Anybody have any thoughts on adding some internal Molle or hook and loop velcro to the inside to add some other accessories?

2. eme714

eme714 Loaded Pockets

I think most people buy the RUSH series for their excellent organization as opposed to Maxpedition- which generally has no internal organization in the main pockets. I find mine perfect. What is it you don't like about it?

3. Yek4

Yek4 Loaded Pockets

I have a lot of accessory pouches (both Molle and velcro) that I'd like to place on the inside of the bag. I know there is plenty of webbing on the outside for stuff like that, but I like to maintain the streamline design.

4. lalew

lalew Loaded Pockets

they have the internal mesh pockets -can you place your pouches in the mesh pockets or take the contents from your pouches and place in the mesh pockets

5. gambit21

gambit21 Loaded Pockets

you can buy a molle panel and stitch or hang the panel inside.

6. Yek4

Yek4 Loaded Pockets

Where?

7. gambit21

gambit21 Loaded Pockets

good question. first, get something like this: http://www.tadgear.com/shop.php?id=506

you will notice that the molle panel has 2 straps on top. attach these to a pair of D-Rings sewn inside the 5.11. however, figure out the internal layout first. you dont want the molle panel flush against the rear of the pack. if you do this, the molle panel will eat up the space allocated for the eyewear pouch, and the elastic pocket at the bottom. the d-rings you can probably get from an old backpack that you don't use anymore.

my reco is you sew the d-rings on the "roof" or top of the pack. say 1 inch from the zipper track. i have my sewing done by a shoe & luggage repair shop since they have the proper tools to get it done.

one last tip, you might be able to save a couple of bucks if you buy a molle dropleg panel from the ebay stores that sell airsoft gear. just chop off the leg straps.

hope i made sense man! have fun modding your 5.11!

8. Sicknsore

Sicknsore Empty Pockets

Could you post a pic?

9. gambit21

gambit21 Loaded Pockets

@sicknsore: i wish i could man but i have yet to start on this project. i'm currently finishing a clone of a kifaru e&e with an internal slot for an ipad.

you can click on the link i provided on my previous post. scroll down the page to the "product views" section, right side. 3rd pic from the top.

10. Yek4

Yek4 Loaded Pockets

Awesome. Thanks Gambit! I'll let you know if I end up buying it and doing any mods.

11. gambit21

gambit21 Loaded Pockets

you are most welcome Yek4! post some pics if and when... :)