1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

5.11 RUSH 24 Bag

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by Ralph B, May 22, 2015.

1. Ralph B

Ralph B Loaded Pockets

I just purchased a RUSH 24 a couple of weeks ago, its something I have wanted for a while but its to big for my EDC. Any suggestions of an EDC bag under 100 bucks but staying away from the RUSH style.

2. EXCALIBUR

EXCALIBUR Loaded Pockets

The Rush12 is perfect for EDC. Hang on to your Rush 24 and use when you need more carrying capacity than the Rush 12 provides.

Edit: Sorry about that. I just reread you wanted to "stay away from the RUSH style."

[​IMG]

Last edited by EXCALIBUR, May 22, 2015
    rr1071, GatorMedic and Rev. Chuck like this.
  3. Myrddraal

Myrddraal Loaded Pockets

Osprey and Northface come to mind.

4. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

Every bag sold for under $100 comes to mind,maybe you can be a little more specific?

5. Ralph B

Ralph B Loaded Pockets

Will defiantly hold on to the 24 and thanks for the side-by-side, you can clearly see the difference. Is the 12 a copy and have all the same compartments as does the 24? I was looking on the web and you can pick a 12 up for under 100 bucks. Thanks for your help...

EXCALIBUR likes this.
  6. Ralph B

Ralph B Loaded Pockets

Thanks for the input, I have looked at Northface and I'm not really happy with the options and construction of bags at that price point, will look at Osprey.

7. EXCALIBUR

EXCALIBUR Loaded Pockets

The Rush 12 is designed for "12 hour missions" and the Rush 24 is designed for "24 hour missions". The Rush 12 is a scaled down version, about 2/3's the size of the Rush 24. The Rush 24 has more organization and the two (2) concealed side pockets.

Here is a more detailed comparison: 5.11 Tactical RUSH 12 and 24 (MOLLES/PALS) Compatible Review

When they go on sale, you can get a Rush 12 for $80. I use my Rush 12 for EDC and my Rush 24 as a carry on/personal bag for travel. Good luck.

GatorMedic likes this.
  8. Gilatabar
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gilatabar Loaded Pockets

I still use my Eastpak I got about 10 years ago :
    [​IMG]IMG_0480 by Gilatabar Glabu, sur Flickr
    It might be a good idea to own a backpack that has a more civilian look to it

rr1071 likes this.
  9. Ralph B

Ralph B Loaded Pockets

Thanks for you input, the detailed comparison is on point. Looks like I will be sticking with 5.11, waiting for a good deal on the 12, until then the 24 will get some good use.

EXCALIBUR and GatorMedic like this.
  10. EXCALIBUR

EXCALIBUR Loaded Pockets

You're welcome. I first learned about 5.11 on this forum. The Rush 12 and 24 are great bags. I go to my Rush 12 most of the time, but am glad to have the Rush 24 as an alternative. 5.11 bags go on sale every couple of months. If you can wait, pick up a Rush 12 then.

Last edited by EXCALIBUR, May 28, 2015
    GatorMedic likes this.
  11. tigz

tigz Loaded Pockets

By far my 12 is the most handy and versatile pack. Not the perfect pack because there never will be but perhaps this answers most of what I want in a pack from organization, size, molle options and convenience from back to hand carry.

GatorMedic and EXCALIBUR like this.
  12. tigz

tigz Loaded Pockets

The 24 is equally verstile with concealed side pockets to boot but then its not meant for everyones EDC due to its size and proportion. Its very popular though for enforcement and armed forces as they've got the physique to handle this pack and its organization and capacity have a lot more to offer in field or patrol use. Squeezing thru a crowded commute can be challenge though but I've seen some people with vertical advantage wearing it at ease in the crowd.

GatorMedic and EXCALIBUR like this.