1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

5.11 Quality Control Issues of Late

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by rule303, Nov 16, 2010.

1. WARFIST

WARFIST Banned

i own a 5.11 push pack and its held up just fine for over a year...it is my E.D.C. bag so i use it quite often and its carried even more....no loose threads on mine or any quality control issues on it....tho i can understand others may have a different experiance.....

2. Castillo

Castillo Loaded Pockets

I've got one of their laptop cases and have to say that I've found it to be very well made and would recommend one.

3. Odd-Commodity

Odd-Commodity Loaded Pockets

It seems to me that 5.11 sort of out sources their different product lines. When hear people say that they are more then happy with the backpacks and bags, I think it's because they are made from a different manufacturer that 5.11 uses. I've noticed that their clothing items don't share the same quality anymore. I have a pair of the original Royal Robbins pants, and there is a noticable difference in quality compared to the 5.11 versions.

4. mta5888

mta5888 Loaded Pockets

I'm going to be honest. I'm up to my 5 pair of tac pro lites and I've got 2 pairs of EMT pants and a uniform shirt and had no problem. But I reckon that it could be a small streak of growing pains, I mean there's many departments and agencies moving to there products I'm sure they are probably working double time. I know for fact that my EMT pants came off the line into a box to me cause they were backorder 2 days when I ordered them so. But that's just my opinion. I've had problem's your having pretty bad with Blackhawk Warrior Pants.

5. Tradecraft

Tradecraft Banned

5.11 has been going downhill for the last few years. Their pants don't seem to last and their gear is getting worse. I no longer buy 5.11 gear! There seems to be a significant quality control issue that needs to be fixed before I would consider going back to 5.11.

6. Jay PS

Jay PS Loaded Pockets

I own a number of 5.11 products. At work, the guys rave about the quality of the jackets and I agree that they are extremely well made, are versatile, and very well thought out. I love their bags and carry the Rush24 as my EDC. I can't say enough about their bags (I own a Rush12, Rush24, Rush72, a mission Duffle) and have written about them in a number of posts. I do however feel that they do not make the best tactical pants. I think that Woolrich Tactical Elite pants are much better. I haven't noticed a drop off in quality that is being discussed just think that Woolrich makes a superior product. The pockets are more in line in what I need, the rear pockets are better designed and work as well at the mall as they do at the range. I highly recommend them. You can find them here: http://www.woolricheliteseriestactical.com/products/elitepant.htm Now that I have heard about this quality issue, I will be more mindful of their new products though. They have a good reputation and would be ill-advised to allow mass production and success to chip away at their hallmark--which is high quality tactical gear.

7. VinnyP
    • In Omnia Paratus

VinnyP Loaded Pockets

I agree it seems to depend on the product line. I get 5.11 for free, some jackets are great the Agressor and 3 in 1 Parkas. The covert casual and dress shirts are also first class. The only 5.11 bag I have is the Push pack but that also seems well made and thought out and is better suited for me than any of the Maxpedition Versipacs. As for trousers I think the tactical pants just are not the best out there. I prefer Blackhawk, The Performance Cotton, lightweight and ultra lightweight pants suit me well and have some good features, alternatively I also like the vertx pants for less demanding stuff. However the 5.11 Covert Cargos are also excellent for more low profile use.