1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

5.11 Quality Control Fading???

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by Motorman, Jul 1, 2013.

1. Motorman

Motorman Loaded Pockets

Good news for you! Only wish 5.11 could come back with an offer close to this. But no luck. Buyer beware!

ProjeKtWEREWOLF likes this.
  2. freedoom

freedoom Loaded Pockets

I picked up a Rush 12 recently and the zippers on the hydration pocket were installed backwards. So instead of the pocket being open when the zippers are apart the pocket is open when the zippers are together. kind of defeats the point of having two zippers. It doesn't affect the bag too badly so I decided not to exchange it. just a silly manufacturing error.

3. Wolfhound0023

Wolfhound0023 Loaded Pockets

haven't had any problems with 5.11. 5 pair of pants/shorts, 2 bags and 1 boot are working out great for me. Knock on wood, no problems.

4. thekapow

thekapow EDC Junkie!!!!!

Thats a feature.. Not a bug lol xD its very usefull in the field.

5. freedoom

freedoom Loaded Pockets

can you explain why this is?

6. Orionsbelt0

Orionsbelt0 Loaded Pockets

My rush 24 is the same way. It doesnt really bug me just something to get used to. I think they do it that way incase you want to have something sticking out the top. You can have the sides zipped up but have a small gap at the top, or anywhere you want on the compartment. Not sure why they do this AND have a hydration hole. Guess they like giving people options.

7. Wishoot

Wishoot Loaded Pockets

I have a few pairs of 5.11 shorts and shirts. One pair of shorts had a seemingly endless thread that came loose after the first wash. I kept pulling it and pulling it until I finally got it all out. I was expecting to see a hole where the seam is supposed to be, but everything turned out fine. All the stitches seem to be perfect in spite of this extra thread.. It seemed like 5.11 provided be with a big wad of bonus thread.

8. thekapow

thekapow EDC Junkie!!!!!

it gives you more options as i see it, fx i like to carry long objects horizontal through two openings in the zipper, i have used it to carry pieces of plywood, large drawings, long rulers and so on.

9. themaindude

themaindude Loaded Pockets

Maybe I am new to the game, but every two zipper assembly I have ever used operates in the same manner as the r12.

Sent from my XT603 using Tapatalk 2

ProjeKtWEREWOLF likes this.
  10. Evan Seidner

Evan Seidner Loaded Pockets

I haven't had any problems with 5.11 yet. But I do agree on their customer relations they have kinda had an ego forming around their brand for a while now. I like their boots but I go to TAD or UA for almost everything else.

11. thekapow

thekapow EDC Junkie!!!!!

Are you sure? I have never seen it before on a bag :eek: other than r12

12. themaindude

themaindude Loaded Pockets

I went back and re read your post. I am mistaken. My r12 hydration pocket opens as zippers are pulled away from each other. I got confused after reading post right after yours.

Sent from my XT603 using Tapatalk 2

13. Rrrino43

Rrrino43 Loaded Pockets

In Australia the 5.11 dealer I go to is always accomodating and no problems with their gear I purchased.Moab 6 &10,rush72,5taclite pros,3 tdus,tactical trainers(gr8),3 taclite pro shirts.The multicam tdu had the velcro start coming of the right cargo pocket and it was an instant swap for a new one.
    I am sure the TAD gear is awesome but the price is a bit high,someday perhaps.