1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

5.11 Moab 10 Video

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by medic2807, Mar 26, 2011.

1. medic2807

medic2807 Loaded Pockets

2. Urban Hermit

Urban Hermit EDC Junkie!!!

Very nice video. I agree with your assessment of the bags CCW abilities, I've had the same problems. I rarely carry a weapon in the bag though so it's a minor inconvenience to me. I need to take some new pics since I've gotten my load outs pretty much figured out for this bag. Overall I think it's a great bag for EDC. I also got one to handle larger loads than the 5.11 push pack I had been using and It does a great job.

Again thanks for the video, It's great to see how others set up and use their gear.

3. medic2807

medic2807 Loaded Pockets

Thanks. The quality wasn't that great, I sort of did it on a whim. Overall, I really like the bag. With a Maxpedition Janus, it makes a great pack.

4. Eric

Eric Empty Pockets

I am looking at this bag, moab10, and the maxped sitka for the same winter carry scenario,i have a versipack and really like it for summer but is too small to carry a jacket or shell. A comparison of both bags would be nice. Leaning towards the sitka because it comes with the water bottle pouch and really like my maxped products, but I do love my 5.11 pants.

5. medic2807

medic2807 Loaded Pockets

If you want to stay with Maxpedition and want to carry a jacket, I would get a Kodiak. I think the Sitka is about 700-800 ci. Kodiak is around 1000 ci. Or buy a Moab 10 and get a 5.11 H20 carrier.

6. medic2807

medic2807 Loaded Pockets

Or whatever H2O carrying pouch. The 5.11 one I found the cheapest.

7. Gödel_Fan

Gödel_Fan Loaded Pockets

You're just trying to make me shell out for one of these aren't you. I'm onto you.

<Oggles the internal compartmentalization of the MOAB>

8. TARFU
    • In Omnia Paratus

TARFU EDC!!!!! Junkie

Kudos on the video. I haven't taken that plunge yet. Still writing reviews... once a blogger, always a blogger I guess.

I tried both the Sitka and the Kodiak and ended up abandoning the whole Gearslinger concept for EDC. I just load my bags up with too much crap for a single strap design to carry comfortably. I did waiver after seeing the MOAB but for now I'm sticking with backpack or Versipack type designs. In the end, it will probably save me a lot of dollars trying stuff that ultimately won't work for me.

9. medic2807

medic2807 Loaded Pockets

I was concerned about that as well. I use a Kelty Redwing 3100 for a daypack when hiking. I will be using that for any type of hiking activity. This is purely an EDC pack. I load my stuff up quite heavily as well. Anything more than a mile or 2, I will use the Redwing.
    I hear you on spending money on stuff that doesn't work. There are many things I want (heck, need) and my bag fetish is impeding that! I think I am good for bags for a while. I have a 5.11 push pack, my MOAB 10, a Kelty 3100, and an internal frame Kelty backpack. Should be covered. In theory.

10. TARFU
    • In Omnia Paratus

TARFU EDC!!!!! Junkie

LOL. I'm in the exact same situation here.

I have yet to put together a good FAK. I want (need) a Benchmade Mini-Grip. And I've been looking for a light weight 1 or 2-man tent for a while now. All of which I haven't seriously pursued because of my bag fetish. Right now, I have a 5.11 RUSH 24 and Covrt 18 for EDC. A LAPG Bug Out Bag for the range and an Osprey Stratos 24 for hiking (I only day hike).

So, like you, I should be covered. In theory. ;D

zenpunk likes this.
  11. Geek_Bag_AZ

Geek_Bag_AZ Empty Pockets

Thanks for the video. I just bought the moab 10 from amazon and it should be here in 3 days. Im downgrading from a MaxP Kodiak so this should be interesting. :)

12. bigguy02

bigguy02 Loaded Pockets

Would you mnd doing a side by side comparison? thoes are the 2 bags i am currently looking at buying.

13. hollywoodb6

hollywoodb6 Loaded Pockets

I cant wait for the video.

14. Geek_Bag_AZ

Geek_Bag_AZ Empty Pockets

bigguy & hollywoodb, I will do the video tonight. Sorry for the delay. Ive been sick for a few days and busy like heck. Tonight is clear and I will do the video. stay tuned!

15. bigguy02

bigguy02 Loaded Pockets

Awesome, thank you sir.

16. bobbyc

bobbyc Loaded Pockets

I've been peering at the 5.11 MOAB 10, the Pygmy Falcon, the Colossus. . .but the Sitka is still best for me. I'm not CCW-ing, just schlepping through airports and back-and-forth to work. The Sitka sits *perfectly* on the top of my rolling suitcase when laid against the retractable handle - the handle of the Sitka is exactly at the same level as the handle of the suitcase. And when I sit it on my desk, all of my work "stuff" is accessible without having to lay it flat and open it up.