1. Please update your bookmarks to use https://www.edcforums.com/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

5.11 M65 Taclite Jacket

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by leaky5, May 4, 2017.

1. leaky5

leaky5 Loaded Pockets

Does anyone have any experience with this jacket ?

I am going away soon on a short trip, lots of coastal walks, weather should be cool but may be breezy as well.
    Just taking cabin luggage. Will layer it up as required with thin fleeces etc.

I have always wanted an M65 style jacket and this looks like it might fit the bill.

A UK supplier is doing this a a good price until tomorrow, sub £100

2. babola

babola Loaded Pockets

They've guts calling this an 'M-65 Jacket'. If you'd like M-65 style jacket as you mention above, you're better off getting one from the mil-surplus stores (the real thing, cheaper, and in true NYCO poplin), Alpha Industries (tailored, slim cut also available) Avirex, or Helikon Tex. Although most of these do repros, they've all stuck to true styling and NYCO milspec material, milspec plastic and brass snap buttons and metal hardware. Anything else is pretty much leaving much to be desired, at the very best.

kikaida likes this.
  3. leaky5

leaky5 Loaded Pockets

I get what you are saying and will probably still get one more like the original sometime.
    But I think the spec of this jacket will see it used quite a bit by me. I.e. It will still be smart enough to use for work as well.
    Have ordered it, just got to wait z bit as it was not in stock. Will update here when it arrives

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. leaky5

leaky5 Loaded Pockets

Got the jacket today. Not sure if the size is right, will ask the OH what she thinks when she gets in. Went for 2xl, might be able to get away with xl.

Good points-
    Nice material.
    Good weight.

Niggles -
    No inside pockets.
    Chest document pockets could mayble be a bit deeper, but can sort if wanted with a bit of sewing.
    Could do with a bottom hem drawstring. When you tighten the waist one, the hem flares out.

5. themadplumbarian

themadplumbarian Loaded Pockets

I have the old school m65 with a liner, it's always been one of my fav.. JR

Omega Man likes this.
  6. leaky5

leaky5 Loaded Pockets

I am going to keep it. It should be easy enough to add a hem elastic and I might even convert one of the chest pockets into an inside pocket

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. ArkansasFan30

ArkansasFan30 Loaded Pockets

I really like M-65 field jackets. I'd love to wear one, but they stick out. I guess my self-esteem isn't great enough to be "that guy" in an old field jacket. I generally look like an Eddie Bauer business casual ad so that's make it even weirder.

kikaida likes this.