1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

5.11 Box Pack Opinion?

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by HardToHandle, May 28, 2018.

1. HardToHandle

HardToHandle Loaded Pockets

5.11 has a generous discount on their Box Pack this week for the US Memorial Day holiday.

I have looked at it as a low-frills EDC pack for a small laptop, tablet, notebook and some additional papers.

Any experience from EDC’ers here?

2. Desertratt1322

Desertratt1322 Loaded Pockets

I carried a 5.11 Rush 24 for 2 years, Great pack. Getting ready to go back to it. Has more than enough room to hold everything I carry daily.

3. tdosthp

tdosthp Loaded Pockets

Sorry that I am a little late, but I have had the Box pack since it debuted. In short, I love it. I wish the admin pocket were a little bigger. It also won’t stand up; you have to lean it against something on the front side. Otherwise, great bag for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HardToHandle likes this.
  4. Medic1

Medic1 Loaded Pockets

I recently added the Box pack to my crazy collection of packs. I don't use the zipper to the main compartment much. Prefer using the Roll top. The side pockets will hold a,water bottle, PSK, FAK. To me this 5.11 looks non tactical which helps as a grey man bag. . I do wish it would stand upright on its own. The bottom exterior pocket is handy. The Velcro on the ccw pocket is strong but do not want to carry a gun there. The pack is fairly comfortable to wear. It will be in my rotation.

HardToHandle likes this.
  5. Chips177

Chips177 Loaded Pockets

It's kind of odd...iI came on here tonight to ask about that same pack! Can either of you tell me how water resistant it really is? I'm looking for a new pack for ATV riding up here in Alaska.

Medic1 likes this.
  6. Medic1

Medic1 Loaded Pockets

It will do well in an average rain. The roll top will keep most rain water out but is not 100% water tight. Don't dunk it in the river. I like the Roll top opening rather than use the rearward mounted zipper.
    And the ccw pocket will collect water if the top is rolled toward the carry handle. If rolled in opposite diection one turn you can cover the ccw pocket to help keep the water out. There is no drain hole there. There's another reason not to pack your gun in there should you get caught in the rain.
    Now for survival purposes you have a great water catch container.

#6 Medic1, Jun 25, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
    HardToHandle and Chips177 like this.
  7. Medic1

Medic1 Loaded Pockets

To keep things dry under extreme circumstances pack your stuff in a Seal line bag and put that in the pack. I spent a little time in Alaska and i know how crazy condtions can get any time of the year.

Chips177 likes this.
  8. Chips177

Chips177 Loaded Pockets

Welllllllll...just went on to 5.11's site and there's a bit of a discount on this pack, so that made my decision easy

HardToHandle likes this.
  9. Medic1

Medic1 Loaded Pockets

Don't be surprised if it takes more than a week to ship. Shipping delays seem to be common.

Chips177 likes this.
  10. Chips177

Chips177 Loaded Pockets

Yeah, it's not a rush...I wasn't even planning on getting anything until I saw $32 and free shipping

11. Pangari1

Pangari1 Loaded Pockets

$32 and free shipping!?!? Let me hit the “buy now” button.

Edit: hit the buy now button. Thanks for the heads up. Can’t pass up a deal like that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#11 Pangari1, Jun 30, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
    Chips177 likes this.