1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

5.11 ATAC A1 flashlight

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by t0mcat, Jan 10, 2012.

1. t0mcat

t0mcat Loaded Pockets

Didn't see any reviews here.
    Just got mine yesterday. Very happy with it so far.
    Eats 1xAA, has a nice throw, clicky feels good.
    Heard some horror stories bout the clip, but it's holding so far.

Cycling through the modes is easy (with soft click)
    Hard click is max-power (ie no option the program the strobe or low-mode)

[​IMG]

2. AcesQ

AcesQ Loaded Pockets

I saw the light on 5.11 website sometime ago. Any beamshots you would share?

3. Moonduck

Moonduck Loaded Pockets

I've handled the whole line. Basically impressed, though I dislike the fact that the AA versions are the same external diameter as the CR123 lights. I understand that they were going for consistent external diameter on purpose, but I feel like it makes the lights needlessly bulky. That said, they seem to work well, and feel well made. Waiting to see how they hold up, as usual, but I'll probably pick up one or two within the year. I definitely like the pen light. It's good stuff for it's purpose.

4. Urban Hermit

Urban Hermit EDC Junkie!!!

A friend of mine actually just gave me one of these lights yesterday, an ATAC A1. I really hadn't even considered the 5.11 lights and had no prior experience or information about them. I didn't even know what it sold for until I got home and looked at the catalog. Woof! My buddy just gave me a new in the box $60 flashlight! Before getting it my best light was a Streamlight 2AA.

So far, I'm very impressed with this light. I'm one of those who prefer aa and aaa battery lights. This one throws a lot of light for 1 AA battery. Of course it'll suck that battery dry in an hour, but most lights are like that I guess. This seems to be a tough little light and should hold up to the relatively gentle beatings I'm likely to give it.

5. Chopper

Chopper Loaded Pockets

I have had the ATAC L2 for a few months. It's really good on power consumption and has great throw.

The size is good and th clip has held up with no problem. It is my EDC flashlight.

I only wish it would take the 18650 cell.

I have reviewed it here:

6. Coolz

Coolz Loaded Pockets

Wait... I just gave a friend one of these... I got it free with a 5.11 promotion a few weeks back. It was a nice light, very much like my ATAC L2. I gave it to him before I got into swapping li-ions into my lights. I don't know if the A1 would handle a 14500... if so I may pick up another one.

7. Urban Hermit

Urban Hermit EDC Junkie!!!

Been carrying my ATAC A1 for a couple weeks now. Use it a lot at night when I'm out walking the dog and so far it's great. I keep it in a 5.11 single mag pouch and it fits nicely. The only thing negative I have to say about this light so far is that the hole for the lanyard looks seriously weak. I saw on youtube that it has a problem with breaking. No big deal, I probably would never have put a lanyard on it anyway.
    Power consumption seems reasonable, the switch works well, and it throws a good light. (My dog hates the strobe, lol) Since I got this light as a gift I really can't complain, but I think it would be worth the money.