1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

5.11 AMP Owners this way

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by Jay-uk, May 8, 2019.

1. Jay-uk

Jay-uk Loaded Pockets

Just got the 24 ,Is it just me or if the back pad the worst of any pack , its to rigid and ruins the pack ,what's your take?

Also the inner middle section with vwebbing ( Molle )and outer net covering seems a massive RnD fail.
    While the nets great to hold some flatter items in ( hat , gloves etc) , once items are in the webbing its tricky to get in and out due to the net.
    I see online a few people are ripping out the netting.
    I cant see why they didn't make it a velcro peel back set up, it would have solved all the issues , I may try to mod my own to achive this

How have you found your AMP?
    I would love to hear others feedback and experiences

2. Roguetrooper

Roguetrooper Loaded Pockets

I'm awaiting the delivery of the AMP12 so, after reading your comments, I'm a little anxious now.

I knew when making the purchase that the back panel was thermo-formed so acknowledged that it was likely to be more rigid than the usual type of padded back that you'd find in other offerings, but presumed it would have *some* flex in it.

Not entirely sure what you mean about the set-up of the main compartment though, could you expand?

3. maillet282

maillet282 Loaded Pockets

I've been contemplating picking one of these up as an EDC bag. but since reading this I am not too sure.

how is the inside of the bag organised and what's the beef with the back part or it? can you post up some pics?

4. Jjb5730

Jjb5730 Loaded Pockets

Was considering ordering a 12 for EDC also and hesitant now...patiently waiting more input here..

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

5. calgarycowboy

calgarycowboy Empty Pockets

There was a good post on reddit, r/backpacks, with a guy who had it. Less than stellar opinion. On mobile so can't post a link right now but the post is only a few days old.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

6. Jjb5730

Jjb5730 Loaded Pockets

7. calgarycowboy

calgarycowboy Empty Pockets

8. Jay-uk

Jay-uk Loaded Pockets

This guy nails the flaws and shows the interior middle section issues better than I can explain. I would not suggest this pack at all its uncomfortable by the end of my street I'm minutes ,I would say buyer beware don't buy until you've tried in person

9. Roguetrooper

I’m less concerned about the complaints about internal admin than I am about the back panel. I just presumed that it would have more flex than it appears to have in the video. I guess I’ll find out on Monday when my 12 arrives.

I’ve got to say that I really like this guys videos, they’re always well presented and informative.

Jay-uk likes this.
  10. Jay-uk

Jay-uk Loaded Pockets

I'm totally bummed out by the back panel ,it's like having a kids sledge on my back ,It's uncomfortable immediately

It's hard no movement or give , zero padding and air tracks that work , I have honestly never seen a worse back on a pack.

What were they thinking?

Last edited by Jay-uk, May 11, 2019
    #10 Jay-uk, May 11, 2019
    Last edited: May 11, 2019
  11. Roguetrooper

I took delivery of the admin gear set today, in advance of the AMP12 arriving on Monday and I’ve got to say that it’s one of the most poorly laid out admin pouches that I’ve ever had - It allows for virtually no organisation whatsoever. It’s got two pen slots, and a multitool sized sleeve and the rest is just long open sleeves- Nothing can be held in place. The two slots on the rear of the front panel are good for, say, a portable charger and a notebook but the rest of it is, in my view, woeful.

I’m starting to think that the AMP & Gear Set range is turning into a bit of a fail for 5.11 Tactical.

On the other hand, I am still hugely impressed with their Dart24 pack.

12. eira

eira Loaded Pockets

definetely a big failure from 5.11. wrong mold

Jay-uk likes this.
  13. Jay-uk

Jay-uk Loaded Pockets

100%

14. OregonEMT

OregonEMT Loaded Pockets

I have been using my AMP 24 the last 5 days and I love this bag. By far the best and more versatile bag 5.11 makes. And that’s the point of this bag... customization. It does however get expensive as you buy into the modularity. For me though, this was perfect as I went from having 4 bags to now having two after buying a lot of this bags modular accessory attachments to serve a few different activities that I previously had multiple bags for. I personally like a solid structure to my bags so I have no complaints there and I have actually reinforced it (unintentionally) with my backpack 3A+ armor panel. I’m working on a small review with pics and should have it up tomorrow. Overall though this bag and the modularity is awesome.

#14 OregonEMT, May 17, 2019 at 3:59 PM
    Last edited: May 17, 2019 at 4:05 PM