1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

5.11 All Hazards Prime

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by billybag, Jul 19, 2012.

1. billybag
    • In Omnia Paratus

billybag Loaded Pockets

Just saw this bag.
    I use a RUSH 24 and this looks like the next EDC bag for me.
    I've seen the videos on you tube.

Anybody have any thoughts or experience with this All Hazards Prime?

2. Gnarly
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gnarly Loaded Pockets

Have heard great things...haven't seen one yet.

3. billybag
    • In Omnia Paratus

billybag Loaded Pockets

4. mud390

mud390 Loaded Pockets

I have one and love it. Stout construction with sturdy materials. Plenty of compartmentalized storage. My only two complaints, which are more personal than issue with the bag is that I wish there was more organization the front pocket and that the bag has wants to slip off my shoulder if I'm only using one shoulder strap. I think the slipping is due to the design of the shoulder straps. These to issues are by no means a deal breaker. It really is a great bag!

5. CheepSteal

CheepSteal Loaded Pockets

From what I remember about seeing it at the shop, it has mesh on the shoulder straps and back panel, which beats straight up nylon on the R24 any day!

6. TARFU
    • In Omnia Paratus

TARFU EDC!!!!! Junkie

Is it worth the premium over the Rush 24? It's roughly twice the street cost and from what I remember the carry volume is in the same ballpark.

billybag likes this.
  7. Bullosa

Bullosa Loaded Pockets

I think the R24 is way too big for EDC, and it isnt comfortable if you plan to lug it around fully loaded. Watch the sternum straps as they drop off easily. Lost mine when I visited Vancouver, BC.

8. TARFU
    • In Omnia Paratus

TARFU EDC!!!!! Junkie

Depends on the individual. I'm 6'4 with a long torso and it fit me very well.

9. billybag
    • In Omnia Paratus

billybag Loaded Pockets

I have been looking at size difference and the prime is slightly smaller in volume and it does not appear to have the organization that the RUSH does I am rather fond of all the oraganization.
    Like I said I carry the RUSH 24 my standard load is 18-20 pounds and I take it with me all the time. There are a few locations I don't.
    I'm 5'8'' about 200# and it is comfortable as long as I don't go over the 20# mark.

10. filjos

filjos Loaded Pockets

I posted this question in another thread, but I now see that one had been dead for a couple of months, so I'm posting it here as this is a more "live" thread: Does the All Hazards Prime have a good place to mount a holster internally? Either a Velcro or MOLLE style holster that would hold a full frame auto? It doesn't need to be something with lightning fast access, just not dropped into the bottom of the main pouch.

11. MedicInTraining
    • In Omnia Paratus

MedicInTraining Loaded Pockets

Wowsa what a gorgeous pack! I'm not sure I can justify the price just yet but it's definitely going to go on my wish list under the category of 'when i'm rich and famous'!

Filjos: from the pictures and reviews I've seen I'd say that there is ample room to put a holster consider one of the pouches has MOLLE attachment points the WHOLE way down it XD

filjos likes this.
  12. Helipilot

Helipilot Loaded Pockets

Well, one of the main compartments is fully lined with MOLLE.

filjos likes this.
  13. filjos

filjos Loaded Pockets

Yeah, not sure how I missed that. I was even thinking about it when I asked the question. Sometimes my brain short circuits.

14. MedicInTraining
    • In Omnia Paratus

MedicInTraining Loaded Pockets

It's alright :) Happens to the best of us! Such gorgeous webbing though. I'm sure you could fit several holsters on there :p

filjos likes this.
  15. filjos

filjos Loaded Pockets

Well, I ordered an All Hazards Prime in sandstone. I have the MOAB10 in sandstone as well, and I wanted to them to match in case I decide to piggyback the MOAB. I ordered from ineedmoregear.com and even with springing for 2nd day air shipping it was only $160. I've never spent that much on a pack before, so this better be awesome. Like, this thing is going to have to pay for my drinks and bring me bacon if it wants to stick around.