1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

4 year old EDC

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by Dogface, Mar 12, 2010.

1. Dogface

Dogface Empty Pockets

Yes, you read that right.

With my kid away from me at school/daycare during the day, I'm thinking about setting him up with his very own EDC kit. It would be super-simple: A neck lanyard with a jetscream whistle, and something to hold my contact #'s (either a pill carrier fob with a note inside, or a dogtag). He could wear this under his shirt.

Anyone else do similar? Any opinions between the pill carrier or dogtag? Thoughts?

2. J4C3

J4C3 Guest

Yip,my kids used to have a small dog collar type tube with all the contact numbers ,also if we go to a busy place like a amusement park,where we are liable to get split up,we organise a meet up point and also take a pic of all the kids using my Iphone,so that if they go missing i have a pic of them in the clothes they are in so that i may get the HQ to print pica and give to Gaurds

3. jda

jda Loaded Pockets

dog tags ( i hope that you mean the mil type not fidos) sound like they would be more child proof

4. Dogface

Dogface Empty Pockets

Now that you mention it, a simple small round Fido-tag would work just as well as the type of dogtag I had in mind, and would even be smaller.

5. lonewolfranger

lonewolfranger Loaded Pockets

I did this for my youngest in a dog tag version. Emergency numbers on it with a paracord lanyard around his beltloop and tucked in his pocket. No attention drawn and never lost. Helped him memorize them too. The other went under his insole ducktaped on the inside of his shoe just in case the other was lost. Always there!!

6. NAdams65

NAdams65 Empty Pockets

I'm putting together a little EDC kit for my kids as well. I got them Fenix EO1 flashlights and whistles as a start. A few bandaids and maybe a small SAK should be a good start. My daughter (8) commented about the time the lights went out at school and not even the teacher had a flashlight.

Nate

7. Valerian

Valerian Tea-powered admin

Children are always climbing on and jumping off things, and sooner or later a neck lanyard will get snagged on something, so make sure it has a breakaway safety feature.

8. jsmitty1967
    • In Omnia Paratus

jsmitty1967 Go Big Blue

I think it is a great idea but the problem for me is most of the items discussed would get my kid in trouble at daycare. I think it would take him all of 15 minutes for him to get a flashlight or a whistle taken away. The setup would almost have to be something he kept in his book bag and put on after school like a coat.