1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

.380 Carry Suggestions

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by rlc5925, Jan 18, 2013.

1. blt2drg

blt2drg Loaded Pockets

I am a fan of Kel-Tec. Great bang for your buck. I had the P32 for years then upgraded to the P3AT when it was released. Bought my mom a PF9 2 years ago and she loves it. Never had a single issue with any of them or my SU-16CA.

That said, i tend to agree if you have an LCP already then get another. Pick up a few extra mags and you're set for the pair.

2. bendbig
    • In Omnia Paratus

bendbig Loaded Pockets

I like my Walther PPK, always goes bang when I pull the trigger.

3. fodder

fodder Loaded Pockets

^^This^^ I've owned and shot regularly most of the 380's listed here, and this one is by far the most comfortable to shoot. That's assuming you're going to shoot it on a regular basis.

4. Spank

Spank Empty Pockets

For me it's my Sig P238. I had thought about getting a Ruger LCP before I had picked up and felt the weight of the P238. It just feels amazing in the hand, just perfect. It's even better with the extended magazine. Gives my pinky a little place to rest. :)

Also it ain't cheap, that's for dang sure.

5. TangoAlpha

TangoAlpha Loaded Pockets

I also recommend the Sig p238. It has low-recoil, is thin enough to fit in the jacket pocket without printing and is easy to shoot. Mine has the tritium night sights on the rear and fiber on the front. It's easy to see the sights in all conditions. Its fun to shoot, (unlike some other .380s i've tried) so practicing is a joy!

6. kikaida

kikaida Loaded Pockets

If I was to get a .380, it would be a Walther PK380. Slim, single stack, lightweight, and easy to shoot and carry.

7. nemoaz

nemoaz Loaded Pockets

Just wondering, how are you guys carrying around that single action P238? Hammer down? Cocked? That safety is pretty darn small for my meathooks. It wouldn't work for me.

The lack of sights is an issue for me on the LCP. That tunnel makes it strictly a point and shoot kind of thing.

8. DrChimRichalds
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

DrChimRichalds Loaded Pockets

I love love love my Sig P238. Mine is two-tone with Blackwood grips and is just a beautiful little gun. Disappears in my pocket, stock nite-sites, and is an absolute breeze to shoot, even with my Bigfoot hands.

9. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

I'm just going to mention the Micro Dessert Eagle as being worth a look. The design incorporates a full-sized trigger specifically made to break up the gun's outline when carried in a pocket. If it prints through, it doesn't look like a gun.

10. edjo69

edjo69 EDC Junkie

I have two Sig P238's they are great shooters and very quality pistols. If a 9mm is in your option list check out the Sig P938, I just got one of these (SAS) and it is a great pistol, shoots as nice as the P238 but a bit more powerful round.

11. gflack

gflack Loaded Pockets

My wife has the Sig p238 and loves it. I want to have the ambi-safety installed so I can carry it in the summer. I may look into the p938 as well but having the ability to carry my wife's gun is nice. Overall, I like the gun and love to shoot it.

12. Photojdoc

Photojdoc Loaded Pockets

+1 for the Walther PPK. It is reliable and accurate.

13. evolutionglitch
    • In Omnia Paratus

evolutionglitch Loaded Pockets

Having shot about all of them... I would go hands down with the Kahr P380. Lighter than the LCP. Stronger then the LCP (can shoot +P/is locked breech design). WAY better trigger. Second is the Sig P238, but its bulkier and I would never suggest the gun as a concealed carry unless the shooter was already avid 1911 shooters. The little safety is small and firm. Without lots of practice, it could get you killed. It is a great gun though. As for the ppk... its pretty... and pretty bulky, and pretty heavy, and leaves pretty little red lines on people with largish hands between the index and thumb (train tracks/slide bite). ;)

Cokeman likes this.
  14. dcmassena

dcmassena Loaded Pockets

I've got a Walther pk380 that I carry occasionally. I actually like this firearm a lot.

15. amacman
    • In Omnia Paratus

amacman Loaded Pockets

I have, and love my Colt Mustang Pockelite (like the Sig P238) And yes, I carry it cocked and locked.

However, since you mention money isn't the issues, then an old PPK would be pretty nice. Way better fit and finish than newer ones.

CSM-101 likes this.
  16. dbedit

dbedit Empty Pockets

I can recommend the Seecamp 380 has a bit of a bite but not bad if you are a shooter. This is a gun you can carry all the time very small.

17. AB.AlexB

AB.AlexB Loaded Pockets

I have to ask, why .380acp?

18. hatchetjack

hatchetjack EDC Junkie!!!!!

'cause regardless, it will punch a hole in someone. I'm not gonna argue caliber here but the reality is that no one wants to get shot. Period. I carry big when I can but it's not always concealable. I do live in a CCW state so these aren't show pics.
    [​IMG]

19. gadgetjunky

gadgetjunky Loaded Pockets

238 or another LCP. Once they have been in production for a little while the CW380 could make great little pocket piece. My experience with some of the larger CW line members has been very positive.

20. Cokeman

Cokeman Loaded Pockets

What's that little bugger shooting?