1. Please update your bookmarks to use https://www.edcforums.com/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

3 Gunners?

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by Doc Steelgrave, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Doc Steelgrave

Doc Steelgrave Uber Prepared

Been busy for a while, but I have been putting in time learning the 3 gun ropes. Hand gun (2011 in 9mm), rifle(in my case an AR 15) and shotgun. Anyone else involved in this activity?

2. Chris_1001

Chris_1001 Loaded Pockets

Yup, I'm into it. I don't shoot it a lot as there are not a ton of matches close to me.

G17
    Built by me Spikes/BCM AR
    Crappy, sucky, unreliable, horrible and soon to be replaced Mossberg 930 Tactical

Last match the 930 had all sorts of feed issues, KILLED my time. Wish I had a video of it, me swearing and slapping the gun around would be worth a laugh.

Doc Steelgrave likes this.
  3. Ssouth

Ssouth Loaded Pockets

I shoot when time allows. For the past few years I've been able to shoot a major match in the spring and one in the fall. I catch a local 3 gun or pistol match every month or so in between. Custom 2011 (9mm), Stoeger m3000, and rifle changes depending on the match. I have 3 rifles I switch between. One with a 1-6x, one with a 1-4x, and one with red dot.

4. les snyder

les snyder Loaded Pockets

I'm old, overweight, and slow... but I still like to play...had the pleasure of shooting 4 of Kyle Lamb's North Carolina Tactical matches in the mid 90's and all 6 of the first Ft Benning multi gun matches, and a few Area 6 matches...equipment has changed over the years... in the mid 90's single stack .45, Rem1100 and AR with Holosight... now G34, Benelli M1, and AR with 4x32 TA31F... the Ft Benning matches are a blast if you can get a slot... they let you play with some neat stuff

5. Ssouth

Ssouth Loaded Pockets

One of my shooting buddies just shot the Ft Benning match and said is was fun. My favorite is Blue Ridge Mountain 3G. I've shot it the past few years and it's alway challenging and tons of fun. This year we shot from a golf cart flying down an old railroad trail after traversing a slack line and climbing over a couple of A frames. My driver floored it the whole way and flew past the final shooting position where you got out. Wish I had video of the whole stage.

6. steviesterno

steviesterno Loaded Pockets

I used to be a sponsored shooter at maybe the semi-pro level. I would shoot a match a weekend. I moved across the country where matches are farther apart, and started a family, so the competition stuff is on the back burner.

My advice is Run what you Brung for a while before you worry about gear. It's easy to get sucked in to the gun :censored: picture threads and want XYZ to give you whatever perceived advantage. The best gains come from practicing what you're weakest at until you're solid. I used to run and do push ups at the range to get my heart rate up, then shoot. It was crazy but I had fun and won some gear, and usually shot for free.

I showed up to a match with probably $12,000 worth of gear in a $2,000 car. It can get out of hand, clearly. It took me years before a polymer pistol was actually holding me back. I still like to shoot it but no longer worried about winning or being the best, just want to have fun.

7. les snyder

les snyder Loaded Pockets

if you haven't seen a 3 gun (multi gun)match... here is a video of the Area 6 match from a couple of years ago, with some pretty cool aerial views...the jungle run was about 120yd long