1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

25 L NON-TACTICAL Backpack Suggestions

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by medic68, Oct 19, 2019.

1. medic68

medic68 Loaded Pockets

I would like the Forums help/suggestions for a 25L (give or take) non-tactical look backpack in browns or green. I will be carrying a "basic" shelter kit ( bivy bag, poncho, and liner), hydration gear ( straw, and two 32 oz single wall bottles) fire kit, a couple of maps and a minimum food assortment for three to five days. The bag needs to be in neutral colors without any exterior molle of velcro attachments. My ideal loadout is about 17 pounds including bag weight. I have a duty belt for personal protection etc. Uses will be in the field and urban. :help:Thanks for your consideration and time!

UPDATE: Well after going cross-eyed reading the 5.11 bag thread and looking at the EDC bag picture thread I think I've narrowed my choice down to either the 5.11 Covrt 18 or the Vertx Gamut 2.0. Anyone using either bag has a pro or con list on it?

Last edited by medic68, Oct 20, 2019
    #1 medic68, Oct 19, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
  2. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

Tom Bihn Synapse 25.

About as non tac as it gets.

3. Bimmer4me

Bimmer4me Loaded Pockets

Any pack from Walmart would be a pretty good option too, or a northface backpack which everyone has so you can blend in with the crowds

zyntherius and medic68 like this.
  4. medic68

medic68 Loaded Pockets

Thanks for the suggestion. I spent some time browsing their stuff but didn't see anything that I thought would work.

5. chaosmagnet
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

chaosmagnet Loaded Pockets

I have one Vertx bag that I really like, but it isn't the Gamut.

The 5.11 Covrt 18 is one of two 5.11 bags in the house -- I gave it to my wife as her laptop bag. She loves it. It does not look or feel as rugged as other bags I own but it's held up incredibly well to several years of being used daily and heavily loaded.

One bag manufacturer that I might bring to your attention is Alpha One Niner. I'm currently running an Evade 2.0 as my laptop/EDC bag and it works great for me. I'm eagerly awaiting the release of the Evade 1.5, which I think will be a better size for me. See the thread at https://www.edcforums.com/threads/alpha-one-niner-evade-1-5-version-announced.140464/.

RED-FIVE and medic68 like this.
  6. medic68

medic68 Loaded Pockets

I went with the 5.11 Covert 18. Not as big as I was thinking I needed but laid out the best for my purpose. Thanks all![​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

7. Jackr

Jackr Loaded Pockets

Don't think you will regret the Covert 18. I own a ton of nylon gear and this pack is still one of my favorites. A Spec-Ops pack rat fits perfectly in the lower front pocket, great for organizing small items.

RED-FIVE, chaosmagnet and medic68 like this.