1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

24 Jack B. using Maxpedition gear in tonights episode

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by nerves, Feb 2, 2009.

1. Splusmer

Splusmer Empty Pockets

Maxpedition seems as surprised about this as anyone--I've been told they are trying to confirm a Monsoon was used in the show.

2. zombie

zombie Loaded Pockets

Looks like a Laser Devices light. OP-6 maybe.

image link

3. tmedina

tmedina EDC Junkie!!!!!

The US Army sidearm of choice is the 9mm Beretta. :idiot2:

We also have an "undercover" variant of the Sig, the M-11 and I believe HK is contracted to make the SOCOM .45 tactical pistol. I don't watch the show, so I don't have a clue as to Jack's weapon of choice.

The other rule of thumb, military folk, at least the US Army, are prohibited from wearing gear with obvious logos with the exception of, naturally "US Army" while in uniform. Shoes, socks, bags and so on all fall into this category. Downrange, odds are you won't be corrected - depending on where you are. In garrison, someone will be bored enough to make an on-the-spot correction.

-Trevor

4. Minotaur

Minotaur Loaded Pockets

Anyone who supplies the US military will have a US factory. The Beretta's used by the US Military are made there, it was a a condition of the contract when they kicked everything but the SIG's butt.

Jack uses a Glock standardly, I think, but normally he just picks up whatever he fancies from the cold dead hands of someone insane enough to get in his way. He is more MacGyver(Meets Mr Clark) gear wise, if he needs it he gets it, or improvises.

Should be an episode behind, so they see it, we see it a week later, if you have Sky, so the episodes is 2.00pm to 3.00pm, on Monday coming. Same for Lost, and Heroes hopefully(On the BBC anything could mess that up, Snooker, Tennis, Tiddly Winks).

5. BIG-TARGET

BIG-TARGET Empty Pockets

"MAxpedition is the official counterterrorist tool of choice of the Screen Actors Guild" :rolleyes: :-X

6. nerves

nerves Empty Pockets

Jack B. For sec. of Defense.

7. jp2515

jp2515 Loaded Pockets

:iagree:

8. jlomein

jlomein Loaded Pockets

Throughout the series, Jack Bauer has used a Glock if neccessary, however it is not his carry weapon. For the first several seasons he carried a Sig P228. It was later replaced with a HK USP Compact, which he still currently carries.

9. El Verbo

El Verbo Empty Pockets

jlomein's right.

Not to say that I am a 24 freak, but rather a 24 SUPER-FREAK, all the 24: Declassified books clearly point that out.

What can I say? I tear through paperback books!

10. phaserrifle

phaserrifle Loaded Pockets

true, but he's more CIA, than normal millitary (as I understand it, keep missing the first few episodes of a series, and I hate joining a series with majorly linked episodes half way through!) so you might use one of the federal law enforcement groups as a better starting point. FBI, DEA, ATF ect.

looked, FBI and DEA use glocks, ATF use the sig 228
    Navy Criminal Investigative Service (the well known NCIS) use sig 229's in .40 S&W

H&K USP series pistols only seem to be issued by a few local/state level forces (eg maine state police) and the Federal Flight Deck Officer Program

11. nerves

nerves Empty Pockets

BINGO!!!! This is absolutely correct.

12. nerves

nerves Empty Pockets

Your not alone; I believe I've seen you hanging out in the conference room at CTU (LA) when I came to brief JB. :)

13. El Verbo

El Verbo Empty Pockets

I was sitting next to Tony Almeida looking at some surveillance photos of Collette Stenger!

14. Splusmer

Splusmer Empty Pockets

I misunderstood; the message I got was to confirm that it was a Monsoon in the show. They didn't give it to them or pay for the placement--the prop company bought it. Apparently they sell stuff to Hollywood often, and sometimes gear gets onto screens, other times not. (As an aside I wonder how many props purchased never get seen in a show/movie? Probably a lot).

15. Minotaur

Minotaur Loaded Pockets

Was not sure to be honest. Should have gone to 24 wiki.

16. davidwebb

davidwebb Empty Pockets

bill uses a s.o. tech go bag(not sure)

17. TNRonin

TNRonin Loaded Pockets

You mean to tell me that not all of the HSLD guys aren't using TAD of Kifaru? Holy crapola!

18. zenlunatic

zenlunatic Loaded Pockets

I just had my first encounter with another Maxped user. Some guy in the cafe today was wearing a COLOSSUS. Pretty cool.

19. El Verbo

El Verbo Empty Pockets

zen, you should have said "EDCF" out loud to see if he turned around.

20. Clead

Clead Loaded Pockets

Haha, that's why I carry a patch with "Clead" on my shooting gear, in case anyone from the interweb knows me online, they can connect the dots!