1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

24 Jack B. using Maxpedition gear in tonights episode

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by nerves, Feb 2, 2009.

1. nerves

nerves Empty Pockets

Just watched 24, and jack and his team are sporting some Maxpedition gear. I believe (not sure) Jack is wearing either the Monsoon or the Kodiak. Everyone check it out.

2. SnWnMe

SnWnMe Loaded Pockets

That's quite a publicity coup by Maxpedition.

And bless JB coz he made the man bag pretty chic.

3. BIG-TARGET

BIG-TARGET Empty Pockets

It's more than killing terrorists,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you got to look good doing it!!

That is more important :-X

4. SIG in the head

SIG in the head Empty Pockets

what episode was this? I'm in the UK, and am probably 3-4 episodes behind, just so i can look out for it

5. rawdog1

rawdog1 Empty Pockets

Sig its the 2-3 O'Clock hour Jack is carrying a monsoon gearslinger just re-watched the show on myspace had to pause it several times to be sure ;D

6. shrap

shrap Loaded Pockets

How sad that he couldn't have gotten some US-made gear.

7. Mecha04

Mecha04 Loaded Pockets

I would expect someone like Jack to carry an American made bag.

Especially after what the Chinese government did to him. :shrug:

8. Blades

Blades Loaded Pockets

"Bill" probably picked it up cheap. I'd also take it if it was free. :)
    It's better then nothing.

9. SnWnMe

SnWnMe Loaded Pockets

The actor had nothing to do with the choice of bag he will carry for the show. The wardrobe guys take care of details like that. There's no country of origin consideration made there either. It's all about who's bringing their products to the production guys to be looked at. Kifaru, TAD and Co could do the same of course but Maxped probably got them beat with the sheer number of free samples they bring to grease the skids.

10. Stutoffee

Stutoffee Loaded Pockets

I know Jim Rosario of T3 (Triple Threat Tactical) went to the "24" set with his HSLD Bag & Im sure he said they were going to use it on-screen, so hopefully, we'll see that later in the series.

11. nerves

nerves Empty Pockets

You folks are aware that he shot's either the HK or the Sig and that his electronics are not made here as well. Either way it's freaking cool that his wearing tacti-cool dig's like Maxpedition.

12. shrap

shrap Loaded Pockets

Well, thumbs down to the wardrobe guys for allowing product placement (didn't Jack have the gratuitously silly MTM Special Ops Watch?). But at least it's not as bad as 24's timeslot competitor, Heroes, where they constantly do slow pans on their *NISSAN* cars and *SPRINT* mobile phones.

I think Maxpedition occupies a special niche for me since they don't have a solid reputation for quality and use by actual high-speed guys, instead of HK and Sig who are actually issued to those people.

*edit* Why am I spending so much thought about this? I actually watched Heroes instead. The plot actually changes from season to season.

Anyway, Jack seems like the kind of guy who doesn't spend all day obssessing about gear. He's too goal-focused to care. Most of it gets blown up or taken away by bad guys anyway. If he had Kifaru or TAD, that would be even more out of character.

13. Mecha04

Mecha04 Loaded Pockets

He might not respond but I’ll try and hunt for Jon Cassar’s (producer of 24) email and invite him to EDCforum web site and we can get Jack geared up with a real American high quality assault Man-Bag.

EDCforum could be a consultant for the show ;D

14. tmedina

tmedina EDC Junkie!!!!!

:iagree: Granted, we're arguing about the hypothetical motivations of a fictional character, but even so... ;D

HK has a factory in Columbus, Georgia and Sig has a factory in Exeter, New Hampshire.

-Trevor

15. karlito

karlito Loaded Pockets

I haven't seen the episode, but I hope it wasn't a Monsoon Jack used. I can't stand mine. :thumbsdown:

16. nerves

nerves Empty Pockets

The make the rifles and the HK 45 here, not the pistol Lord Jack uses. Again, tongue and cheek discussion with a fictional character an hypothetical personality projections.

17. jlomein

jlomein Loaded Pockets

Here's a screenshot of the bag. From all the angles seen in the episode, it's clearly a Maxpedition Monsoon Gearslinger.

[​IMG]

In this episode he also uses a flashlight, which I have not been able to identify.

[​IMG]

18. SnWnMe

SnWnMe Loaded Pockets

Funny you said that. I see high speed guys a lot because of my job and they carry non descript gear. I rarely see the Maxpeds, Kifarus and TADs. Now maybe they are big in the civilian LE market.

19. Guarddog
    • In Omnia Paratus

Guarddog EDC Junkie !!!!!

:iagree: Well put Senior Chief! Same here!

Folks ... I think Max's debute on the back of our boy Jack has more to do with economics than anyting. Whoever provides the best deal for the producers etc. i.e. free Max gear +++ ... gets their place on the big screen.

20. jujigatame

jujigatame Loaded Pockets

Apologies to the 24 fans, but if Jon Cassar shows up I'm just going to bug him with nothing but La Femme Nikita questions. ;)