1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

2013 Video Games?

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by IMightBeWrong, Jan 24, 2013.

1. IMightBeWrong

IMightBeWrong Loaded Pockets

I spend less time on games than I did before graduating high school, but I still have plenty lol

2. Unagi42
    • In Omnia Paratus

Unagi42 EDC Junkie!!!!!

:censored: life/work/babies really interfere with gaming time!
    Mates still getting 3-4 hour sessions & I'm struggling to get a 45 min session!
    Oh we'll, still loving Last Of Us, just taking a long time. Anyone else tried multiplayer?
    I jumped on and got my butt kicked brutally!

3. Diecastfreak
    • In Omnia Paratus

Diecastfreak Loaded Pockets

Remember when Multiplayer was you and your friends in the SAME ROOM??? having a blast? :(

4. Evan Seidner

Evan Seidner Loaded Pockets

Battlefield 4 and GTA 5 are on my list... when I have time between girlfriend, work, family.. and have the extra funds to fuel my mancave!

Unagi42 likes this.
  5. Unagi42
    • In Omnia Paratus

Unagi42 EDC Junkie!!!!!

I remember when I would punch the guy next to me when he killed me with the golden-gun in Golden-eye.
    Aah proximity mines.....

snowkiwi, Vsegda gotov, T-Dub and 2 others like this.
  6. carrot

carrot Loaded Pockets

For those who miss this, Monaco (Xbox, PC, Mac...soon) is the perfect 2-4 player game. You and your friends work together to pull off heists... and when you get caught you'll either learn what it takes to be a team.... or run around like headless chickens.

Diecastfreak likes this.
  7. T-Dub

T-Dub Loaded Pockets

OddJob- all day erry day.

Diecastfreak and Unagi42 like this.
  8. Bryce357

Bryce357 Loaded Pockets

+1 for Infinite. If you haven't played any bioshock games, Play infinite and then play the first Bioshock.
    The first Bioshock is one of the most epic games i've ever played and is even better than infinite. Lots less sandboxy, more guided sort of, but still.
    Infinite is a lot of fun, but the first one is just plain scary, and is something to really get into. It's the kind of game I feel like pouring myself a small glass of whiskey and feel classy playing the game, is that weird?

Both are awesome games. definitely play both

snowkiwi likes this.
  9. Unagi42
    • In Omnia Paratus

Unagi42 EDC Junkie!!!!!

Bioshock Infinite is an amazing game, the end will totally do your head in and leave you thinking about it for days!

snowkiwi likes this.
  10. snowkiwi
    • In Omnia Paratus

snowkiwi EDC Junkiwi

Unfortunately Im old enough to remember, hazily , the pre-pentium days connecting up 2 pcs via a null-modem cable and playing CnC :tongue: :nerd:

+2 for Infinite.

If you enjoyed the Bioshock games, have a look at "Dishonored". Its very similar. I got it at a silly price on Steam a while back and am playing it when I get the chance - which is almost never with kids/work/life :cry: as Unagi42 said.

Unagi42, Shur and Diecastfreak like this.
  11. Diecastfreak
    • In Omnia Paratus

Diecastfreak Loaded Pockets

COMMAND AND CONQUR OMG THAT BRINGS IT BACK!!!!!! THE MAP EDITOR I LOVED!!!!!! Oh the hours and hours and hours i wasted...... my dad worked for IBM at the time so we had a seprate phone line for the Computer so i didnt have to worrie about a phone call kicking me off... the weekends were mine!![/quote]

snowkiwi likes this.
  12. snowkiwi
    • In Omnia Paratus

snowkiwi EDC Junkiwi

[/quote]
    Dedicated computer line! Bliss. :cloud9: Yep those old RTS games got a pounding in my group of friends back then. Map editors were great, specially when you designed the terrain to your advantage. Friends didnt stand a chance:devil: Some new games unfortunately are made for console first and sometimes dumbed down a bit or don't have map editors.

Last edited by snowkiwi, Aug 30, 2013
    Diecastfreak likes this.
  13. carrot

carrot Loaded Pockets

Dishonored is freaking incredible.

Honestly I enjoyed it more than Bioshock. For all Bioshock is, it's a pretty straightforward shooter with neat abilities. Dishonored is Bioshock and Deus Ex's love child! You have all the cool guns and abilities of Bioshock, and you have the multiple paths and support for different playstyles of Deus Ex -- stealthy, all-out shooter, etc.

The world of Dishonored is beautiful, the gameplay is great, and the lore is surprisingly engaging.

That said, I've been playing Splinter Cell: Blacklist and it is shaping up to be my favorite game of 2013. I've always been a huge fan of the Splinter Cell series and Blacklist is the best by far. It's a return to the hardcore stealth roots of the older games while maintaining the fluidity and flexibility of the newer games. AI is ridiculously good: flanking, charging and generally surprising me, and the online multiplayer is a blast. The only thing wrong with it is the lack of Michael Ironside's stoic and gruff voice acting as protagonist Sam Fisher. It's not nearly the same with the new VA.

ProjeKtWEREWOLF likes this.
  14. snowkiwi
    • In Omnia Paratus

snowkiwi EDC Junkiwi

That it is!

I am looking forward to another good stealth game like Thief. But Splinter Cell: Blacklist could be a go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

15. carrot

carrot Loaded Pockets

If you haven't played Deus Ex Human Revolution (or Deus Ex on iOS) you owe it to yourself to give it a shot. It's another game from Ion Storm/Eidos (who made Thief) and is a great stealth game.

16. Sarky

Sarky Loaded Pockets

I recently bought Bioshock 1 and 2, and I was instantly addicted. I've not been like that with a video game since the late 1990's.

2013 games I've enjoyed are The Swapper (an atmospheric and I think quite original platform game), and Hard Reset (a great looking cyberpunk FPS). Both PC games as I don't get involved with the consoles.

Hard Reset:
    [​IMG]

The Swapper:
    [​IMG]

Talking of addicted, my kids have the new Xbox and the PS4, and also like online PC games (eg: Runescape and LoL). This is what I found in my living room last night... :rolleyes_revamped:

[​IMG]

IgwanaRob likes this.
  17. ProjeKtWEREWOLF

ProjeKtWEREWOLF Loaded Pockets

I am enjoying Lego Marvel Super Heroes on 360. I have BioShock Infinite waiting on my shelf, but Tomb Raider got in the way. I'd abandoned it a few months back and obviously had forgotten how fun it is.

18. Sarky

Sarky Loaded Pockets

I'm currently downloading Bioshock Infinite from Steam. Just got 1 and 2 to complete first... :frantic:

Rizzle O and ProjeKtWEREWOLF like this.
  19. ProjeKtWEREWOLF

ProjeKtWEREWOLF Loaded Pockets

Bioshock was amazing.....BioShock 2 was a huge letdown in comparison.
    I have SO many games to finish off it's ridiculous. Mass Effect 3, Fallout 3 dlc, Fallout NV, FarCry 3, Limbo, Tomb Raider, Skyrim! I've probably forgotten a load. It's hard to find time to play around a young child and the missus.....

Edit - Dishonored (with dlc), Borderlands 2!

Last edited by ProjeKtWEREWOLF, Jan 2, 2014
  20. Sarky

Sarky Loaded Pockets

I've only recently got back into gaming and already have a large backlog due to Steam and Humble Bundle sales. I've just started on Mass Effect 1. It's hard to find games that'll hold my attention, but Bioshock has succeeded and Mass Effect looks promising.

ProjeKtWEREWOLF likes this.