1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by rich105759, Apr 1, 2007.

1. rich105759

rich105759 Empty Pockets

What is your favorite 1911?

2. TKC

TKC Loaded Pockets

Well, the only 1911 I ever owned, was a Kimber Custom Compact, with night sights. I LOVED it!! I wish I could buy one here in MA., but alas I can not. The only 1911 I CAN buy here in a S&W. And what is your favorite 1911, since YOU startd this thread?

3. rich105759

rich105759 Empty Pockets

I like the Kimber Custom 2 and any Wilson Combat 1911.

4. knightrider

knightrider Empty Pockets

I like my Springfield A1. Good price and quality. Kimber and Wilson are awesome though, but I couldn't afford one at the time.

5. alphazulu

alphazulu Loaded Pockets

I have a springfield A1 and could not be happier with it. I also have my late father in law's A1 in stainless. He carried it as his service weapon during his 28 years as a sherrif's deputy. I'm a big fan of springfield armory and the .45acp in general.

6. Grits

Grits Empty Pockets

Colt Series "80" Stainless

7. Lugsalot

Lugsalot EDC Junkie!!!!!

I can't pick just ONE! Besides, I don't own any...yet! :(

Here's three:

Basic, no-frills pistol: Springfield Armory GI Model. I'd probably get one in stainless, but the parkerized model is cool also. Short triggers for short fingers!

Tactical pistol: Wilson KZ-45. At 10+1 it's CA legal, plus it's a hair thinner than a "normal" 1911. Polymer 1911's, yall. Don't hate! :p

Dream pistol: Anything by Armand Swenson. He was the MAN (here's just one example). His protege, John Jardine, is also an amazing pistolsmith.

I love the look of stock 1911's, both the original and the 1911A1. I wish someone would put out modern copies of these pistols without any plastic/MIM parts or lousy integral locks. I dream of a "classic" 1911 that is not a "budget" pistol. *sigh*

8. TKC

TKC Loaded Pockets

I am looking to get a 1911 down the road. I looked at and handled the S&W 1911SC and a several ParaOrds. I am seriously torn. I looked at a nice LDA .45. I looked at several ParaOrds!! I do NOT like the Hawg series of guns; the grips are way too fat for my comfort. I can't get one anytime soon anyway.....But, I have been jonesing for a 1911, so I went and handled/ drooled over a few.

9. johng

johng Empty Pockets

This thread will go on forever due the huge number of 1911 variants but my fav is a Series 80 comander brought back to 70s spec and then fully customed out as a tactical. All melted, polished, then parked. Sweet.

10. Lugsalot

Lugsalot EDC Junkie!!!!!

I hope this thread DOES go on forever! I love 1911s! :laugh:

Post 'em if you got 'em, because :worthless:

11. tvodrd

tvodrd Empty Pockets

I bought my first shortly after being RELAD from the USMC in 1969. I was the last of four "Classified couriers" to be issued one by our cool Lt. in charge, and I swear my pitted, slightly-rusted one said "Singer" on it!!! If I had "Lost it," it would have only cost me $100 or so! (If I knew then...... ;D )

Anyway, the one I bought (plain Colt 1911) in late 1969 which defended my home for a couple years and touring the Los Angeles. Pomona Gun show I came across an aluminum aftermarket frame from a company called Ranger. I paid on the spot, and after the background check cleared, picked it up. The stuff came off my colt and went onto the LW. (Light Weight)

My father had one stolen when I was early teens, probably from a dork I showed it to. I had the Colt frame and slide nickel-plated like his was, which he had gotten from my grandfather who was a WW1 vet. I ordered the rest of the of the parts, assembled it and broke it in out in the desert. I gave it to him for Christmas way back when.

I ordered an unmarked slide from Sarco, which I fitted to the alloy frame. I worked my through some trigger set hassles after it went full-auto on a test outing a couple times ;D I got it straightened out and it remained within reach for a few years.

Then the Ti craze hit. I received a Brownells "dealers pricelist" and catalog and ordered several hundred $ worth of stuff to upgrade it. I was charged way beyond what the "Dealer rate" and didn't notice until my credit card statement came. I haven't dealt with them since! (Forgive :rant: )

It currently sports a Ti hammer, custom-contoured Al grip safety, Trigicon sights, (still bright after well over 15 tears,) Ti/carbon trigger, and a bunch of other Ti internal stuff. My father died a couple years ago and I ended up with his "House gun." They are both my current "house guns."

I have a bunch of original Winchester Black Talon stashed which I should prolley pull the slugs, and reseat them over 8gr unique and fresh primers. Jon says the Federal Hydra shocks have better terminal ballistics. :shrug:

Larry

12. BigV

BigV Loaded Pockets

I am partial to Kimber. Here are 2. A Custom ULE in 3" and an Ultra CDP in 3".

[​IMG]

13. TKC

TKC Loaded Pockets

I too LOVE Kimber's, but alas, I can not buy them here where I live.

14. Chuck G.

Chuck G. Empty Pockets

This is my only 1911. I had to have at least one. I think I picked a good one. :-X Wilson Combat KZ45

[​IMG]

15. TKC

TKC Loaded Pockets

That is a sweet 1911 Chuck G.!!

16. rich105759

rich105759 Empty Pockets

I like that Wilson too, but they cost too much. Wilson guns and parts are the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. Lugsalot

Lugsalot EDC Junkie!!!!!

It's my favorite of the Wilson litter as well. I agree that they're costly, but no more than most high-end "production-custom" 1911's (don't you just love oxymoronic language? :laugh: ). And you get THREE extra rounds.

Does anyone know what the difference is between the regular and "California" models are? The Wilson site doesn't elaborate.

18. powernoodle

powernoodle Loaded Pockets

I like 'em simple, without the bells and whistles. This one is a plain Springfield mil-spec.

[​IMG]

19. Jim101

Jim101 Empty Pockets

That will be my next gun, the Springfield, I NEED a 1911..........

Jim

20. TKC

TKC Loaded Pockets

I too NEED a 1911!!