1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

---

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by Pord, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Lou_G

Lou_G Banned

Yes you should have, it made the conversation more fun! I knew you weren't being a jerk and hopefully I didn't come across that way.

I do love the Super Tool, my original served me faithfully for almost 20 years until the pliers got loose. This was the warranty replacement. I carry the OHT for the ease of use, but the Super Tool comes out of the bag when I know there is a bigger task.

I do find that most often I am using a knife, which is why I like a dedicated blade. I can have it out fast and make the cut easier than with the OHT. It may work better with the OHT if I carried it on my right side, but my Glock gets that spot.

It is all about doing what works best for you!

MrOG likes this.
  2. GearHunter

GearHunter Loaded Pockets

I never carry a dedicated blade anymore and haven't in years I carry a Leatherman Surge at work and when not at work I carry a skeletool cx and they both are more then enough to handle my knife chores away from home.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AlgoOPC likes this.
  3. Ben Rubinstein

As I took out my Skeletool today to pull a plastic bag out of the gears of my bike, coating myself and it in black grease I reconfirmed my wish that they had put a file in here instead of a knife. There's just no way I can use that knife for food use given the work I do with the mutitool. To be frank the blade somewhat sucks anyway (big thick blade half serrated does not a clean cut apple make :)).

4. TheViking

TheViking Loaded Pockets

I carry a dedicated knife multitool.

TheWizardSally likes this.
  5. dplafoll

dplafoll Loaded Pockets

I carry a Leatherman Style PS, a Gerber Shard, and a Spyderco DF2 or Chaparral. I will probably have a Skeletool CX eventually though probably not specifically to carry; I don't need it for that. And I want a nice SAK, probably Cadet or Pioneer, but I don't need the CX or the SAK blades because I have a superior tool in my pocketknife. I can see how, if you're going for a very minimal but somewhat comprehensive carry, you could have a MT and no knife, but that's not for me personally.

6. aerosxl

aerosxl Loaded Pockets

I carry only a multitool on its own from time to time, stops me having too much stuff jangling around my pockets. I don't like that...

kplong02 likes this.
  7. soundlessnut

soundlessnut Loaded Pockets

I tried having no dedicated knife, only carried a swiss champ, alox cadet, and a minichamp but really missed the convenience of an assisted opener. Now I generally carry a Kershaw cryo 2 or Dimension.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrOG likes this.
  8. kplong02

kplong02 Loaded Pockets

jangling kills me

9. TheWizardSally

TheWizardSally Loaded Pockets

Even though i sometimes carry both a folder and a mt I do feel like it is "unnecessary" My day to day tasks (usually at work) involve me tightening a screw or pulling out a nail out of my bobcat/forklift tire. Very rarely do i ever really come upon a cutting task at work aside from cutting open tape/plastic on boxes. In my everyday life i will admit its very slow when it involves my edc, usual tasks involve cutting open new cds out of plastics, cutting up some boxes or opening up a beer. So personally i dont see the need in dropping cash on folders when i dont have a very knife heavy life. I used to be into mid priced folders around $200 range but sold most of em just because i never got any use out of them. My girl carry's a primary neck knife and a sak and she even admits that she wishes she can use her blade more...

GatorMedic, Hangman and GearHunter like this.
  10. TheWizardSally

TheWizardSally Loaded Pockets

I would also like to add that im a very minimalistic edc'r

Mt (with blade), wallet, flashlight, keys (no key chain tool)

Personally even though its not the coolest edc it gets the job done when i need it ;)

Last edited by TheWizardSally, May 24, 2015
    GatorMedic, Hangman and GearHunter like this.
  11. Jessie Carter

Jessie Carter Loaded Pockets

While working I usually have a Cadet SAK in my pocket and a Leatherman Squirt attached to a small Fenix flashlight in my bag/brief. At home and on the road, I have a Surge stored in the second glove box of my FJ with a Magellan GPS and a Nitecore 950. I have a Leatherman Charge in a backpack in the rear of my truck. My son lost his flashlight, so I gave him my at work light and Squirt...time to buy a new set up, yay!

12. jerkylips

jerkylips Empty Pockets

ONLY a Wave. Ergonomics, shergonomics. Here's what you need in a knife. SHARP. And that, you can control. Learn how to sharpen a knife razor sharp, sharpen the knife in your MT that sharp, and you're set.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using Tapatalk

13. Cheeser
    • In Omnia Paratus

Cheeser Hey Bub!

I usually carry both a multi tool and a knife, but almost always grab my wave. Even today I taught my son how to baton wood using the wave lol

14. leigh_ratcliffe

leigh_ratcliffe Loaded Pockets

When it comes to little girls birthday cake I prefer something bigger...

Gilatabar likes this.
  15. IMightBeWrong

IMightBeWrong Loaded Pockets

I only carry a dedicated knife because I like them. For a while I just carried a Skeletool CX and that was all. Sometimes I'll just pack some kind of MT or SAK. Most of the time I like to have a dedicated knife just for my own enjoyment as a lover of blades.

GatorMedic likes this.
  16. KravenTheHunter

KravenTheHunter Loaded Pockets

I carry a dedicated knife, a MT, and a utility knife. Each serve specific purposes.

Last week, I was riding shotgun with my wife behind the wheel and our two kids in the backseat. We were cruising along(at nighttime) when the truck died. No warning or anything, it was simply lights out. She coasts over into the grass and I tell her to pop the hood. I get out, pull out the trusty Foursevens, open the hood and start looking around. After about 30 seconds, I notice quite a bit of corrosive buildup caked up around the battery terminals. I take the MT (Gerber MP600 bladeless) out of its belt sheath and loosen the bolts on the terminal clamps. Since I don't carry around a steel brush, I used my utility knife (Gerber E.A.B lite) to scrape off the crud on the clamps and posts. I reconnect the clamps and she (the truck, not my wife) fired right up. Got home, threw away the blade in my utility and replaced it. I was my family's hero and I didn't even have to mess up the blade on my folder.