1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

1 Year with my S1R Baton

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by HarryD, Mar 2, 2019.

1. HarryD

HarryD Empty Pockets

Not a normal poster here, I normally read and learn from this forum more than I post but I come here several times a day.

A year ago after doing some research here I bought a S1R Baton and I have carried and used it everyday since then, I drive a bus 5-6 days a week and use it every morning to pre trip my bus with it clipped on my hat bill and with the short days of winter I use it during post trip as well. I carry it in a pouch on my belt and I charge it every 2-3 days. I have not had any issues with it, it has worked perfectly and I have not replaced the battery nor ever had it go dead on me. My pre trip takes up to 30 minutes and post trip usually 15 or less. It also gets used any other time I need a light, I had never carried a flashlight with me daily until I bought this one and I will never be without a light again. It has a few dings and you can see some dust on the clip and lanyard hole but going strong.

Hope you all have a great day.

[​IMG]

Kev2488, Lateck, sham79 and 17 others like this.
  2. aih

aih Loaded Pockets

Likewise, I have one that I carry every day, and it works well for me. I also have one of the titanium limited edition versions in my pack as backup, but haven't had to use it in that service yet. These are great.

sham79, chaosmagnet and HarryD like this.
  3. chaosmagnet
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

chaosmagnet Loaded Pockets

Thanks, @HarryD, for your long-term report. Personally, I find these kinds of reports very helpful.

medic68, sham79, HarryD and 1 other person like this.
  4. demPho

demPho Loaded Pockets

I am really liking my Olights lately. I had purchased a Nitecore P12 on Amazon in 2014 when we got our puppy. The Nitecore lasted 4 years, which led me to OLight. Hoping they last even longer than that. I always have the baton 2 on me but will take the M2R warrior if I want a tactical operation. Love their lights and sales! Recently picked up the Warrior X. [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

5. Norseman

Norseman Loaded Pockets

I am looking at the M2R Warrior right now. I had never considered Olight and then I jumped on the Seeker 2 Pro deal on May 3rd and within a week I got the S1R II and I really like these lights so I figured why not buy one more.

6. ProjeKtWEREWOLF

ProjeKtWEREWOLF Loaded Pockets

I have an M18(?) Maverick, S Mini Cu and an S2R Baton. I carry the s mini mostly, as the S2R is just a bit big. The S2R sits nicely in my scrubs pocket for work.
    I think I will have to get an S1R II for edc use to swap out with the Cu or my 4Sevens Mini II.

demPho and Norseman like this.
  7. demPho

demPho Loaded Pockets

I skipped the seeker deal and wish I hadn't. But the warrior is my favorite so far. It pockets well for a full size tactical light. I use it whenever I want the tactical operation or just want a bright :censored: light. Otherwise it's the s1rbII.

ProjeKtWEREWOLF and Norseman like this.
  8. Norseman

Norseman Loaded Pockets

Haha nice! You’re talking about the M2R?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. demPho

demPho Loaded Pockets

Yes, my bad. Rechargeable, tail clicky, option of side switch, 1500 lumens. I love it.

Norseman likes this.
  10. Norseman

Norseman Loaded Pockets

Yeap those are all the same things that attracted me to it.

11. demPho

demPho Loaded Pockets

Yep. I got it on flash sale and I'd buy it again at retail.

Norseman likes this.
  12. Norseman

Norseman Loaded Pockets

$99 right now on Amazon.

demPho likes this.
  13. Toyman

Toyman Loaded Pockets

I've had my S1R since last August. (Except for the 4 weeks that I thought I lost it only to find it in a pair of jeans). If I hadn't found it, I would have bought another. It's been a great and handy light. I keep it in my front pocket every day and it gets used. My battery died about a month ago. I emailed Olight, and had a replacement, under warranty, in a few days. Great experience, just hope the new battery last longer than the last. I also have a M20S-X Warrior that I bought in 2014. It was a weapon light for a while, then resided in my night stand, and now it's in my daily driver. It's also been a great light.

HarryD, Norseman and ProjeKtWEREWOLF like this.
  14. Norseman

Norseman Loaded Pockets

I did end up getting the M2R and love it.

HarryD likes this.
  15. yo mama

yo mama Loaded Pockets

The s1rii has noticeably longer battery life for me vs the s1r. I like both, but the II version is a step up to me.

HarryD and ProjeKtWEREWOLF like this.