1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

#1 reason I don't carry Leatherman anymore

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by Evil D, Dec 27, 2015.

1. My3kidsfather

My3kidsfather Loaded Pockets

Some of you may be missing the point; when I was a young guy I was training to be a hd mech. and always saw an improper fitting tool as an opportunity to get another, better tool for the job. I still have a complete set of tools. And now I'm looking for the right lm for me. :) it works out.

theirishboxer likes this.
  2. polonium9

polonium9 EDC Junkie!!!

Leathermans are the last option "my tool set isn't near me, but I need pliers" sort of thing, not a full replacement for a tool bag. I don't know why people think they're a replacement for real tools.

I'm a guy, but I don't have the money to spend on millions of tools. We have a few family tools, which work fine for most things. That's why I don't carry a full size multi-tool on me.

What I do carry is a small multi-tool on me. I carry a Squirt PS4. It works for my needs with dealing with coax on a regular basis, and the itty bitty screwdriver is surprisingly robust in its functionality.

theirishboxer and ManVsLawn like this.
  3. leigh_ratcliffe

leigh_ratcliffe Loaded Pockets

The full sized Victorinox Tools are even better as a work tool. I carry one on my hip for work.

theirishboxer likes this.
  4. Moco

Moco Loaded Pockets

this is the same reason i sold my wave, i like the rebar and ST 300 philips drivers so much better. wave is a great tool but without 3d philips i wouldnt buy it again.

5. GearGuy69

GearGuy69 Loaded Pockets

i just like collecting multitools and to use them of course, but i can't say that i like one company over another because i think they're both great.
    i do agree with Moco because i think the leatherman bits that go into the wave and charge bit driver are just flimsy, and the normal philips driver on the rebar the st 300 the kick and all the other that have them are much better because they fit better in the screw.
    and any old leatherman that has a normal philips driver works great.