1. Due to an overwhelming amount of new registrations we have temporarily turned off new sign ups untill we have caught up with the back log. Don't dispair we will be accepting new members again soon.
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

Your "go to" FAK(pictures please)

Discussion in 'First Aid Station' started by ModrnDayMcGyver, Dec 4, 2012.

ModrnDayMcGyver Loaded Pockets

Lets see your go to FAK. I have just completed mine. Let me know what you think...
    [IMG]
    EDCRVa, stepewolf, sungame and 2 others like this.

just1man Loaded Pockets

BrianEDC Loaded Pockets

Here's my carry kit (carried within my EDC bag). [IMG][IMG]
    just1man, e2dwml and Municipal_Jedi like this.
    • +3 Supporter

Municipal_Jedi Loaded Pockets

sungame Loaded Pockets

Man, that looks impressive!

What is your definition of a go to FAK?

e2dwml Loaded Pockets

I just redid mine and posted all the contents in my EDC thread but I'll go ahead and throw up the pics here too ;)

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    mooshisho, sungame and just1man like this.

BrianEDC Loaded Pockets

My PAK is loaded into a Civilian Labs pouch - specifically one of the pouches from the "Starter Kit LT" model

just1man Loaded Pockets

e2dwml Loaded Pockets

mole EDC Junkie!!!!!

[IMG]

REI made one for me, i just added some more bandaids and a firestarter and a whistle.....
    so far, i like it VERY much!
    e2dwml likes this.

Hollowpoints Loaded Pockets

[IMG]
    Keep this in my school bag. everyone always asks me for a baind aid
    Last edited by Hollowpoints, Dec 7, 2012

airwayguru Loaded Pockets

[IMG]
    Here is my IFAK.

What kind of bag is that? Have you ever had an opportunity to use that CAT? I've only ever had to use one tourniquet and I had to make it on scene. Triangle bandage and a penlight.

airwayguru Loaded Pockets

Blackhawk Medical Thigh Rig. As for the CAT, I have not used it on a real patient yet. I have used it for training only.
    • In Omnia Paratus

ac7ss Loaded Pockets

My field kit (for work)
    [IMG]
    In place on my 5.11 push.
    • TQ pouch (see below)
    • CPR "backpack"
    [IMG]
    What is in the TQ pouch (for now)
    • QC
    • Izzie
    By next week, I will have the Sof-T and another TQ case for the bag.

I actually picked up a few more for mountain biking. Hopefully I never have to use it.

plumberroy Loaded Pockets

I have a north jobsite first aid bag that I collected because it was out of date as a base for home stuff . It holds the extra stuff I buy to build/rebuild smaller kits . I carry this kit in my edc comfort bag
    http://www.adventuremedicalkits.com/popup-product-image.php?product=226&image=
    With added bandaids, butterfly's, pain killers, tums and vaseline lip balm/
    My cars get home bag as this kit, Enhanced of coarse.
    http://www.adventuremedicalkits.com/popup-product-image.php?product=227&image=
    I have basic first aid stuff in my pocket organizer and a small kit in an altiods tin that can be dropped in a pocket.
    My mode of operation is to find the container that suits me and build from that .
    Two things all ways added to small kits one of the round tubes for 10 tylenol sold at the counter at most stores , they will hold twice as many pills stocked with tylenol, ibuprofen and a couple sinus meds. And a tube of vaseline lip theropy , besides its intended use it will work on rough skin lube knives or flashlight orings and burn for a fire enhancer added to gauze or a cotton ball
    Roy

Looks like a pretty good kit. I might recommend some Foille for small cuts, scrap, burns, and bug bites. It is very cheap on amazon and it has Xylocaine in it which is a local anesthetic(same stuff they use for sutures) and it makes an excellent pain releiver, especially if you have children.

plumberroy Loaded Pockets

I have some small packs of something like that that a nurse at work give me . I was looking for band aids in the supply room and the charge nurse gave a hand full of the little squeeze packs , antibiotic with pain relief Don't know the brand .
    as for you avatar "what would McGyver do ? Use his bandana :rofl:
    Roy