1. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

Why carry a wrecking bar?

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by wahoowad, Jan 7, 2013.

wahoowad Loaded Pockets

Reading threads I see quite a few wrecking bars. They look kinda neat but not sure of owners perceived need for this tool...? What have you wrecked with yours?

AK Adventurer EDC Junkie!!!!!

Define wrecking bar...

Do you mean the little 3"-4" pry bars that are so popular, or the knife sized 8" ''breacher'' bars, or full on 2'-4' crow/wrecking bars? I can't say I read every thread, but I've not seen anything over the mid sized 8" suckers posted.

Personally, I do EDC 2 crow bars in my truck, a baby 1.5' one, and a good solid 3.5' one... I work in construction and remodeling so theoretically they could get used there, but actually what they get used the most for is the auto parts salvage work I do in my spare time.

G.

KOKUSHI MUSOU Loaded Pockets

To wreck things.

MedusaOblongata Loaded Pockets

Don't think of it as a single use device that does nothing other than wreck things. Think of it as a heavy, strong tool that can help pry things open, bash things closed, a lever to move heavy objects, a skeleton key to open most doors, a magic wand to create doors where there were none before, an emergency extraction tool, a makeshift baseball bat for the impromptu game of stickball, a hammer, a window remover, an imperfect shovel which will dig holes much better than your bare hands, a fireplace poker, tire knocker, not quite an axe but will take trees down quicker than an SAK, and, as the need arises, it can perform many other functions as well, as long as you have it with you.

AK Adventurer EDC Junkie!!!!!

Exactly!

Sounds like the function list for the p-38 can opener!
    And, somehow I get the feeling you're never very far from your towel :D
    ( if you don't get that; "Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy" reference... towels are VERRY multi use!)

G.
    Last edited by AK Adventurer, Jan 8, 2013

MedusaOblongata Loaded Pockets

I keep a towel in the back of the Element, but I don't carry it away from the car unless I expect to need it.

BravoOscarFoxtrotHotel Loaded Pockets

Why carry a wrecking bar?
    Question is "Why not?"

;)
    ChrisJ likes this.