1. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

What is your current EDC flashlight? Part 2

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by Dr Jekell, Oct 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    • In Omnia Paratus

thePlumbah Meowderator

:) Looks like a good light for slipping around an Alox to shine on your work:)

yes, I'm making trouble;)
    Fukurai and kd7dvd like this.

JGP Loaded Pockets

This has been my edc flashlight for the last 1.5 years. Got it free from a Budweiser rep at my bar. Until two weeks ago, when I joined this forum, it was a perfectly good light. Now it MUST be replaced with a copper Maratac AAA. Hopefully by the end of the month. :)
    [IMG]
    Take2, Fukurai, GEAUXBIG and 2 others like this.
    • +4 Supporter
    • +3 Supporter
    • +2 Supporter
    • +1 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

Shur Loaded Pockets

That Maratac is a good way to start a new lumen addiction.
    Next comes years of reading about leds, bins, tints, batteries and chargers, hosts, engines and perhaps most importantly - beam shots.
    Fukurai and JGP like this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

misterS Loaded Pockets

That's
    That's a beauty! I want that light:cool:!
    • +1 Supporter

TheJeff Loaded Pockets

How's the fit/finish on the TN12?

I've been thinking of getting a Neutron from them, and I've contemplated on asking them if I could get additional bodies for different batteries, since the head/tailswitch are lego-able.

angusW EDC Junkie!!!

These three are what I carry on a regular basis.

-Quantum DD with a Nichia 219 led, High CRI (4500K)
    -Peak Eiger with QTC High CRI (3000K)
    -Quark X 132² with a new XM-L led (3000K)

The Quark Mini 123 High CRI just came in a couple days ago. Haven't carried it yet.

The Ultrafire UF-H2 use to be my bedtime reading a book light but lately I can't handle the "blue" tint so I've been diggin' out it's inards to replace the led with a High CRI xpg with 3000K temp.

[IMG]

adobo Loaded Pockets

Sunwayman V10r + AA Extenders

[IMG]

angusW EDC Junkie!!!

I use to have one of those but in blue. I think I bought it back in '99 or 2000. Was a great keychain light for it's time and in fact I do see them at the checkout of a store here in Canada once in a while.
    • In Omnia Paratus

stax Loaded Pockets

Continuing my tradition of bad photos.....

[IMG]
    • In Omnia Paratus

misterS Loaded Pockets

That is a NICE picture!
    EDCNoob and Fukurai like this.

Zorro Loaded Pockets

Hi TheJeff,
    The fit/finish on the TN12 is a classical Chinese knot.
    The ThruNite TN12 is 605 Lumens (but only 1 On/Off function) vs the Fenix PD31 special edition which is 315 Lumens (but with severals functions such as strob, SOS, low light).nevertheless, both are great and can be a "non-lethal" weapon quite efficient.
    I found the ThruNite thanks to http://www.ledfiretorches.co.uk. They have a really great stock of different manufacturers.

watchcollector1968 Loaded Pockets

Back to Fenix for a bit.
    [IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    stax likes this.
    • +4 Supporter
    • +3 Supporter
    • +2 Supporter
    • +1 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

Vesp Loaded Pockets

Today it is the Jetbeam BA10 and Fenix E05
    The Jetbeam just keeps on working.. Been used as hammer, dropped severeal meters countless times and have been submerged in oil and water.
    The E05 has some heat shrink tubing on the back to make it a better "Bite light". :)
    [IMG]
    • In Omnia Paratus

misterS Loaded Pockets

Getting a pretty nice patina on my maratac.
    [IMG]

calipsoii Loaded Pockets

I'm in a copper and brass mood today...
    [IMG]

deusexaethera Loaded Pockets

Ooh! I can play this game! :D

[IMG]
    Take2, Alfin_lee, Fukurai and 6 others like this.

Westerdutch Loaded Pockets

Don't all that copper and brass make your hands smell? I hate the scent of pocket change on my fingers......
    MWDP and watchcollector1968 like this.

Photojdoc Loaded Pockets

My EDC light is a Olight T10 Tactical. I love the size, yet gives me enough power.

AcesQ Loaded Pockets

Got to use a Fenix E11 currently. My good ol Fenix LD12 is dead. Fenix is sending me a new head though, so I"m waiting

[IMG]
    Fukurai and SAKplumber like this.

deusexaethera Loaded Pockets

That smell is the smell of natural antiseptic produced by a chemical reaction between the copper and your sweat. Most microbes die when they come in contact with copper.
    MWDP, LoxahatcheeDawg and SAKplumber like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.