1. Due to an overwhelming amount of new registrations we have temporarily turned off new sign ups untill we have caught up with the back log. Don't dispair we will be accepting new members again soon.
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

What is your current EDC flashlight? Part 2

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by Dr Jekell, Oct 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

JPHing Loaded Pockets

[IMG]
    Rotate between the Surefire G2, Coast px25 and Klarus XT2C. The Coast gets the most time:)

Use the maglite occasionally if I don't need a lot of light, like reading something quick in the dark (others are too bright for that)

Ogre Banned

Still carrying the d25c mini.

Thought I had a v10r in route but come to find out the eBay seller is out of stock for who knows how long, and I can't find another one that cheap! (60 bucks) ARRRRGH!

Im impatient so I won't be able to wait to spend that money. May just get an m10r instead.

*Transmitted via portable cellular device*
    • +1 Supporter

olletsocmit Banned

[IMG]

| Sent from my iPhone 4S |
    Take2, kye4some, nuphoria and 5 others like this.

Gretsch308 Loaded Pockets

Usually only carry these at night. Need to pick up a better EDC light.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gryffin Loaded Pockets

I never seem to carry the same EDC load-out from day to day, but I do tend towards certain combinations that work well for me. Aaaaand, I'm a big believer in "two is one, one is none," in other words, backup.

On my person, you'll find a Maratac AAA on my keychain if I'm carrying a folding knife clipped to my pocket (weekends, mostly). If I'm going more discreet, like to the office, with the knife in the Bill's Urban Wallet, the Maratac gets replaced by either a Lumapower LM21 in the BUW, if I don't expect to be around an about in the dark much; or a Sunwayman V11R with AA adapter and AW 14500 cell in the BUW instead.

Plus, the Suburban Assault Bag™ has a Sunwayman V20C stoked with an 18650, along with a spare 18650, a coupla spare Titanium Innovations 2xCR123a cell sets, two spare 14500s, four back-up AA Eneloops (not just for my lights, I carry a Bluetooth mouse that takes ''em), a spare 10440 for the Maratac and/or Lumapower, and two spare AAA Eneloops.

In my truck "Ol' Yeller" there's a Surefire G2 with a Solarforce drop-in and 17650 in the center console, along with a Streamlight Argo HP headlamp with another 17650, four CR123A cells for backup, and a Maglite 4D with Malkoff drop-in and LSD NiMH D cells under the seat.

At the office is a cheapie Chinese 3W Cree 1xAAA loaner, and a couple of throw-away coin-cell lights, so my cow-orkers leave my good lights alone. And in the supply cabinet in my cube are a couple cases of assorted Energizer Industrial batteries, used for assorted media gear.

At home, well... let's just say there's a few more. :D
    SAKplumber likes this.

armedtetrapod Loaded Pockets

Fenix PD30. Great light but the batteries are killing me.
    SAKplumber likes this.

keith1234 Loaded Pockets

[IMG]This is what I've been carrying lately. Surefire 6 PXPro, Foursevens 2x123 Regular, Fenix PD22, and Fenix EO1.

Agent Berry Loaded Pockets

Fenix E01 and when I know ill be out after dark a MiniMag.

Sniperx7 Loaded Pockets

[IMG]

Finally, received the Sunwayman C20C in the mail! Crappy pic, but I promised an update!

I expected it to be somewhat larger than a Fenix LD12, but the only real difference is in the thickness, which isn't all too much, length is almost identical.

Now I just need a few 18650's and I'll be in business!! :frantic:

sx7
    SAKplumber likes this.
    • +1 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

KeyeEl Loaded Pockets

Currently carry 4 lights....Plumah's & Kamm's fault

- McGizmo Haiku in LF pocket
    - Foursevens Mini MLR2 on keychain
    - Steve Ku Quantum D2 on bead chain/around neck
    - Klarus MiX6 Ti in a Skinth JuiceBox/on belt
    SAKplumber, KAMM and Sniperx7 like this.
    • +4 Supporter
    • +3 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

Shur Loaded Pockets

My number recently jumped:
    Keys: iTP A3 EOS Upgraded SS
    Neck: BudgetLightForums Mini (A nicely moded TrustFire Mini)
    Thigh Pocket: Foursevens Preon 2 (3 years old and scratched up but still going strong)
    Cargo Pocket: a new Dereelight CL1H-T (Trying out a very warm tint and my first p60 host)
    Belt Sheath: Foursevens Quark Tubo X (Almost 2 years old I think and working well when I remember to clean the contacts annually)
    Belt Sheath: This is the sheath for my Leatherman Surge, it has those two elastic tubes running down the side of it so I thought it was perfect to make a mini oh-poop kit. One side holds an iTP A3 EOS Upgraded Alu and the other a Fenix E01. (Also holds a 2 card bit kit and a JackPick)

The Quark, Preon and now the CL1H-T see 99.5% of the work.
    SAKplumber likes this.

Rrrino43 Loaded Pockets

quark 123 mini ti on my small monkey fist key chain that holds a tritium glow worm & tt chopper
    the main keyring has quantum dd and blue light(photon2)

Sinus Loaded Pockets

"pics or it didn't happened" ;)
    olletsocmit likes this.
    • +1 Supporter

olletsocmit Banned

I 2nd that!

Blerv Loaded Pockets

Ill upload a pic later but my Dereelight Javelin/C2H hybrid just got a Vinhnguyen54 custom drop-in to replace my old Nailbender high CRI. This time a 1.8 amp, cool white XR-E2 three mode.

It's conservatively 300 lumens and throws like crazy but still super small :).

[IMG]
    Dereelight Javelin/C2H Hybrid (p60), Nitecore Extreme, Zebralight SC51w, Peak Logan 123
    Last edited by Blerv, Jan 11, 2013
    angusW and kye4some like this.
    • +4 Supporter
    • +3 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

Shur Loaded Pockets

@Blerv
    Is your inbox full? Just got told I couldnt send you a convo.

Blerv Loaded Pockets

Hmm I'll empty!
    • +1 Supporter

olletsocmit Banned

From this...
    [IMG]

To this...
    [IMG]

[IMG]

Still not sure what I like best.

Take2, kye4some, e2dwml and 2 others like this.

Ogre Banned

i really need to own SOMETHING with tritium in it
    • +1 Supporter

olletsocmit Banned

Get a Ti TEC glow fob and Tritium insert!

Ogre likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.