1. Due to an overwhelming amount of new registrations we have temporarily turned off new sign ups untill we have caught up with the back log. Don't dispair we will be accepting new members again soon.
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

What do I do with this paracord stuff?

Discussion in 'Do-It-Yourself & Gear Modifications' started by cosine, Apr 15, 2006.

Essexman Loaded Pockets

Nice work. You have to give her the knife now you know!
    Francisco Pinto likes this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

KAMM Loaded Pockets

Anyone got a good source for zipper pull clip things??
    • In Omnia Paratus

mooshi Loaded Pockets

Not that I have a source, but you mean cord ends? (Like these?) Just to give people a visual and can better source you... :oops:
    • In Omnia Paratus

KAMM Loaded Pockets

Yah! Or maybe the GITD ones that aren't already installed to a piece of cord. :)
    • In Omnia Paratus

mooshi Loaded Pockets

This one, maybe?
    Syclone1436 likes this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

KAMM Loaded Pockets

Why couldn't I find that!? Thanks Mooshi.
    SAKplumber and mooshisho like this.

indigo_wolf AKA Breezy

For the regular ones, REI/EMS is a good source. You might be able to cheaper, but you don't get hit with the shipping cost burn. Points for instant gratification.

Lighthound has both of them:

Shaotech is a good source for lanyard accessories too. Very reasonable shipping and fast transit. Good guy to deal with, especially for smaller orders.
    http://www.shaotech.com/lanyard-accessories.html

How many were you looking for?

ATB,
    Sam
    • In Omnia Paratus

KAMM Loaded Pockets

I don't know....a few? A handful? I bought a whole bunch of clips and for each paracord project they've come in handy. I want the zipper pull ends for a cleaner look on some fobs and such. The links you gave me are perfect! Thank you!

Scott Mason Loaded Pockets

Are these what you are looking for?
    • In Omnia Paratus

KAMM Loaded Pockets

That is also a good link. Maybe I'll get a beacher bar and some of those! Thanks for the link!
    • In Omnia Paratus

mooshi Loaded Pockets

haha When I told Brother that your Wave broke, he looked at me for a sec, walked to his room, came out with his breacher bar, and was like... "KAMM... She needs a breacher bar LIKE THIS." Then walked back into his room. hahaha :p
    • In Omnia Paratus

KAMM Loaded Pockets

BAHAHAHA! Well defuse kit told me that's a good one for me. And a bigger one will come in handy more then the smaller one. :D your brother is correct!!!!
    mooshisho likes this.

Cobra 6 Actual Loaded Pockets

LoneStarJosh likes this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

KAMM Loaded Pockets

Made another bracelet today!
    [IMG]
    • In Omnia Paratus

KAMM Loaded Pockets

[IMG]
    It's a caterpillar!

LoneStarJosh Loaded Pockets

Cranked out this puppy last night for a friend. Red & dark grey. It's called a "Dragons Tongue" weave.
    [IMG]

Ogre Banned

maybe a bit overkill for the sak, but im just experimenting right now......

[IMG]

Nothing wrong with some experimentation!
    Francisco Pinto likes this.

indigo_wolf AKA Breezy

True enough.... yesterday I was playing with some titanium pegs to make the constructing parafobs of varying sizes a tad easier. Still needs some finetuning. However the experimentation was successful enough that it yielded a 10' (black) and 20' (coyote) parafob. These are nowsuspended on the over-top straps of the Sabercat. The bodies of the fobs are tucked into the gap of the side compression straps (@ 4:30) so they don't flail when the bag is in motion.

ATB,
    Sam
    Ogre likes this.

You lost me at "parafob". I thought you were talking about paracord keychains, which would make sense, but then you started throwing 10ft & 20ft lengths in there, talking about a Sabercat! I have no clue what you're talking about! haha
    Ogre likes this.