1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

What do I do with this paracord stuff?

Discussion in 'Do-It-Yourself & Gear Modifications' started by cosine, Apr 15, 2006.

• In Omnia Paratus

KAMM Loaded Pockets

Yah! Or maybe the GITD ones that aren't already installed to a piece of cord. :)
    • In Omnia Paratus

mooshi Loaded Pockets

This one, maybe?
    Syclone1436 likes this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

KAMM Loaded Pockets

Why couldn't I find that!? Thanks Mooshi.
    SAKplumber and mooshisho like this.

indigo_wolf AKA Breezy

For the regular ones, REI/EMS is a good source. You might be able to cheaper, but you don't get hit with the shipping cost burn. Points for instant gratification.

Lighthound has both of them:

Shaotech is a good source for lanyard accessories too. Very reasonable shipping and fast transit. Good guy to deal with, especially for smaller orders.
    http://www.shaotech.com/lanyard-accessories.html

How many were you looking for?

ATB,
    Sam
    • In Omnia Paratus

KAMM Loaded Pockets

I don't know....a few? A handful? I bought a whole bunch of clips and for each paracord project they've come in handy. I want the zipper pull ends for a cleaner look on some fobs and such. The links you gave me are perfect! Thank you!

Scott Mason Loaded Pockets

Are these what you are looking for?
    • In Omnia Paratus

KAMM Loaded Pockets

That is also a good link. Maybe I'll get a beacher bar and some of those! Thanks for the link!
    • In Omnia Paratus

mooshi Loaded Pockets

haha When I told Brother that your Wave broke, he looked at me for a sec, walked to his room, came out with his breacher bar, and was like... "KAMM... She needs a breacher bar LIKE THIS." Then walked back into his room. hahaha :p
    • In Omnia Paratus

KAMM Loaded Pockets

BAHAHAHA! Well defuse kit told me that's a good one for me. And a bigger one will come in handy more then the smaller one. :D your brother is correct!!!!
    mooshisho likes this.
    • +1 Supporter

Cobra 6 Actual Loaded Pockets

LoneStarJosh likes this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

KAMM Loaded Pockets

Made another bracelet today!
    [IMG]
    • In Omnia Paratus

KAMM Loaded Pockets

[IMG]
    It's a caterpillar!

LoneStarJosh Loaded Pockets

Cranked out this puppy last night for a friend. Red & dark grey. It's called a "Dragons Tongue" weave.
    [IMG]

Ogre Banned

maybe a bit overkill for the sak, but im just experimenting right now......

[IMG]

Nothing wrong with some experimentation!
    Francisco Pinto likes this.

indigo_wolf AKA Breezy

True enough.... yesterday I was playing with some titanium pegs to make the constructing parafobs of varying sizes a tad easier. Still needs some finetuning. However the experimentation was successful enough that it yielded a 10' (black) and 20' (coyote) parafob. These are nowsuspended on the over-top straps of the Sabercat. The bodies of the fobs are tucked into the gap of the side compression straps (@ 4:30) so they don't flail when the bag is in motion.

ATB,
    Sam
    Ogre likes this.

You lost me at "parafob". I thought you were talking about paracord keychains, which would make sense, but then you started throwing 10ft & 20ft lengths in there, talking about a Sabercat! I have no clue what you're talking about! haha
    Ogre likes this.

Ogre Banned

cutesy bracelet for my wife. im going to toss it in with her EDC xmas present (blue wenger/fenix e01 and blue snake lanyard). luckily, my wife isnt into bling jewelry. this isnt her style but she will adore it just because i made something for her

[IMG]

indigo_wolf AKA Breezy

Humble apologies... :oops:

Reading my thread back, I guess it does kind of need a playbill.

So here's the annotated version of my previous post.

Currently, my EDC bag is a Maxpedition Sabercat. I bought it from Pointman some months back. Most days, it's carried with a shoulder strap that I added to it. When Pointman sold it to me, the sale also included a set of HSGI High Speed Low Drag Suspenders. The shoulder strap works for short to moderate distances when the pack is fully (over)loaded. For longer distances, HSLD Suspenders are much more comfortable. Sadly neither of these items are standard/included with the bag which is a shame, because even moderately loaded, the included hip belt just doesn't cut it.

Parafob is a term coined from an earlier tutorial thread, Paracord + Key Fob = "Parafob" It's a way to carry paracord and be able to deploy it relatively quickly. Strictly speaking, in longer lengths, the resulting item is probably not really suited size-wise as a keyfob, unless you are a fan of "Flea & Anchors" imagery, but the term serves as well as any.

I might add a 5 foot parafob to one of my keychains, but wanted longer lengths (just in case :eek:). Since they are attached to the bag, I wasn't as size constrained as much as something targeted for a keychain. So, I did a 10' one and a 20' one. To keep from overburdening the braincells, I made them different colors so they were a bit easier to identify.

In the tutorial video, the intial figure-8's are done on your finger. This works for shorts lengths, but for longer lengths....well, my fingers can only extend so far. So, I took a scrap piece of wood and drilled some holes (not all the way through) at 6", 9" and 12" inched apart.

Into two of these holes, I stuck two Vargo Titanium Nail Pegs. I used these to create my initial figure 8's and when I was ready to start wrapping the fob, I just pulled them out of the board. In post 8 of the tutorial thread, there's a video using a board and wooden dowels to do this, but the pegs/stakes are a whole lot more portable and can be used with a board or just stuck in the ground.

Hope that's a bit clearer.

ATB,
    Sam
    Cobra 6 Actual and LoneStarJosh like this.

Makes much more sense now!
    Cobra 6 Actual likes this.