1. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

Western New York get together

Discussion in 'Trade Shows & EDCF Gatherings' started by kertap75, Oct 10, 2012.

kertap75 Loaded Pockets

We've had some new members join lately from this area so I thought we might want to have a get together so we can drool over each others gear. So who's interested? And any suggestions about when and where? I know we have the occasional gun show in our area, but they aren't well advertised so I always miss them :( so maybe someone knows a bar that might be friendly to a bunch of guys and gals dumping knives all over the table?

As fast a availability goes it's hard for me to get free on Wednesday, Thursday, or Saturday. As long as it's in the Buffalo area any other day should be okay. If we go more eastern (might be a good idea) Sunday would be best for me.
    Even if we can't get something big organized it would be great just to get a few people together, have a few beers and watch a game. (I really wish out could be a HOCKEY game, but it seems like that won't happen this year :( )

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2
    • In Omnia Paratus

will m Loaded Pockets

Buffalo is a bit of a hike for me but if there is any where around Syracuse that would be convenient I would be in.

kertap75 Loaded Pockets

Syracuse would be great for a state wide meet up sometime. I know it's way in the future, but maybe a state fair get together next year?

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

JBenjimin Loaded Pockets

I'm new here and I'm North of Niagara Falls for about 2 more months (lived here all my life but it is time for a change so we're packing up and heading to Portland, OR). I'd love to attend a meetup in the NF, Buffalo area, much farther south than Buffalo and I have a hard time justifying the fuel costs.

kertap75 Loaded Pockets

Okay, I'm thinking everyone is probably busy from now til the holidays are over. So how about singing in early January? I'm thinking just getting together to eat lunch/dinner and show off ask of our toys.

I'm thinking thus one should be in the Buffalo/Niagara region. w seem to have a lot of southern Ontario members and I would like to include them. If this works out maybe we can do a bigger get together in the spring a like farther east to include more Rochester and syracuse folks.

So I need to know what days are good our bad in the first few Weeks of January. Also, any suggestions for a venue? I don't go out much so I don't know any bar/restaurant owners well enough to ask about a meet up. If no one has any suggestions I'll probably check with the manager at a chain place and see if they will have us. I'm sure most would welcome us, I'm thinking they would like a warning though lol. If you see this thread and know any members who might attend, please convo them to make sure they see it too.
    • In Omnia Paratus

Farchyld Loaded Pockets

Given enough notice and attractions for my wife, I could make the drive from SouthEastern PA.
    kertap75 likes this.

kertap75 Loaded Pockets

Awesome! I'm going to try and set a date for January before the end of the week. Hopefully I won't be the only one to show up lol.
    • In Omnia Paratus

Farchyld Loaded Pockets

^ More beer for you!:bounce:
    kertap75 likes this.

JBenjimin Loaded Pockets

If we haven't moved yet (date isn't set yet, all we know is January) count me in!

kertap75 Loaded Pockets

I'm thinking either Sunday the 6th our Friday the 11th. We'll see if we can get anymore interest. I remember seeing a lot more Buffalo people around, they probably just haven't seen this yet.
    • +1 Supporter

mlehto Loaded Pockets

I am in assuming I can book it off.

Buffalo is good for me, and if any Canadians want to carpool we can meet up around Niagara, and go across together.

kertap75 Loaded Pockets

• In Omnia Paratus

killroy360 Loaded Pockets

YES YES YES!!!!

blunto Loaded Pockets

I'm new here, and live outside of Syracuse. I could be persuaded if there were beverages involved...
    killroy360 likes this.

kertap75 Loaded Pockets

Okay. I'm thinking Pearl St. Brewery in Buffalo on Sunday january 6th. Time can be worked out later but I'm thinking about 4 pm. I've invited some locals from USN and a few coworkers who haven't signed up yet. So if you want to bring someone who isn't a member here go for it. The more the merrier. When we get closer and have a somewhat solid count I will make a reservation or at least talk to the managment so they expect us and don't kick us out if someone freaks out about our toys. The only problem I think we might run into would be if the NHL is back and playing that night, but that is looking increasingly unlikely

kertap75 Loaded Pockets

I thought it was time to bump this up. Any thoughts on the venue our date?

Kones Loaded Pockets

How I miss Pearl Street... Used to live nearby. In Northern Callifornia now. Have fun.

kertap75 Loaded Pockets

Okay, i'm going to make a reservation for 4 pm ok Sunday the 6th. Since there is still no hockey I don't think we need it but just in case. We should have 3 or 4 from the usn. That with this forum and we should have a great turn out. I don't think we'll have a problem finding each other but if anyone attending wants my cell number I will convo it to them.

kertap75 Loaded Pockets

Okay. I made reservations for 8 people at pearl street grill, 4 pm this Sunday. I know of 2 others coming for sure besides myself. Anyone else?

kertap75 Loaded Pockets

[IMG]
    Mmmmm...hits the spot, even if I am drinking by myself.