1. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

Watcha Wearing?

Discussion in 'Watches' started by Peter Atwood, Mar 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    • +4 Supporter
    • +3 Supporter
    • +2 Supporter
    • +1 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

Shur Loaded Pockets

I would try:
    Scrub with and then soak in vinnegar. 10 min
    Rinse
    Using water and baking soda to make a paste, work this in to the band and case back. This is abrasive and may scratch, use your judgement. Let this sit 10 min.
    Rinse very well, any left behind will show as a white residue.
    Wash again with antibactrial dish soap.

I've been skipping the baking soda when doing my metal band work watch and still getting good results. YMMV
    I might do this once a year.
    Warfusion likes this.
    • +1 Supporter

karlito Loaded Pockets

Ah yes, the wristwatch funk. It smells bad but you can resist sniffing your wrist. Try loosening the strap to allow air to circulate and apply some antiperspirant deodorant to your wrist.
    Warfusion likes this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

CatherineM Loaded Pockets

Wear it in the shower.

Sent by Owl Post
    Warfusion likes this.
    • +2 Supporter

metropolicity Loaded Pockets

Still my trusty tissot t-touch, next to my mirror polished, modded Silver Ghost

[IMG]

Sinus Loaded Pockets

[IMG]
    Tutima Pacific von absolute_rookie auf Flickr

I used to edc this beauty.

It looks awesome in pictures, but I missed something in real life......

PreparedCountryBoy Loaded Pockets

[IMG]

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

Can't do that with some watch models.

LoneStar Loaded Pockets

It is quite accurate and the time on the bottom is the log I had going to see elevation change will skiing. I use the barometer normally and it is very accurate as well.
    • In Omnia Paratus

Warfusion Loaded Pockets

I love bulova watches I have my eye on a TI one.

This is my first really nice watch, and I'm absolutely loving it. My Dad is old School, and only likes manual wind so he doesn't like it much. I'd love to have a Breitling like his one day. But yeah, on every day wear watched I prefer leather and this one is just plain comfortable. I found my self more efficient/checking my phone less for the date and time. (And with the large screen on my phone, that makes a battery difference.) Not to mention it doesn't have the odor issue mentioned above that my 15 dollar timex had. I'm sure that's because of higher quality leather.

I've been eyeing some g-shocks for a work out watch. I'll Probably look around here for something.

Warfusion likes this.

Gretsch308 Loaded Pockets

I used to have an addiction....

[IMG]
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gambit88 Loaded Pockets

I'm rocking my new Timex Intelligent Quartz Fly-Back Chronograph Compass with a white face and brown leather strap!

Kilovolt Loaded Pockets

Casio GW-A1000-1AER

[IMG]

gailt Loaded Pockets

I've been wearing a traser ranger for the past three ,or so years.I love this watch,and its wasn't expensive I paid $99 when they were discontinued, some ofthe best money I've ever spent.

Hobs98 Loaded Pockets

I've been wearing a Deep Blue ApChrono everyday since July. I really like it. I've had it for about 18 months though. I don't see them available anymore and I cant upload a pic from work.

What kind of band is that?

Kilovolt Loaded Pockets

Its standard resin band:

[IMG]

Have you liked that watch? I'm looking for something to wear when I'm lifting, running, and around the house sorta and the G-shock is where I'm leaning.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

Kilovolt Loaded Pockets

It is a bit expensive for a G-Shock however its design is cleaner than usual so it's more easily readable. Also it has no digital display which for me is a big plus.

Mind you, nobody will be able to convince me that you are not paying just for the fact that the GW-A1000 is the rage of the moment but as the Bible says 'non in pane solo vivet homo' i.e. man cannot live on bread alone. :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.