1. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

Upgraded fire kit

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by plumberroy, Jan 12, 2013.

plumberroy Loaded Pockets

I posted a picture of a neck cord I used my fire kit to prop it up I have since upgraded my kit with a new box below is the description of the contents I added a couple of extra fire cubes
    It still fits in a jacket pocket or cargo pocket. It is carried when lighting a fire could save your life
    Roy

[IMG]
    [IMG]

wyesguy Loaded Pockets

This is an UPGRADED fire kit..

[IMG]
    bendbig, keith1234 and plumberroy like this.

Thet won't fit in the cargo pocket of my pants:D

wyesguy Loaded Pockets

Get bigger pants silly.

I am fairly sure to have one of those in working condition I will need a permit of some kind and just don't feel like doing the paper work:p
    Roy
    SAKplumber likes this.

wyesguy Loaded Pockets

SHHHH!!!! I won't tell. If they ask say its a religious thing.
    SAKplumber, Evilbunny and Doric like this.

• +2 Supporter
    • +1 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

SurvivePenna EDC Junkie!!!!!

• In Omnia Paratus

keeper Loaded Pockets

Mother nature does't grant you quarter if you make a mistake. Even some thing as simple as a space blanket and a couple tea light candles will save your butt and take up very little space. 50 degree and rain will kill you faster than 0 degrees and dry snow
    Roy
    SurvivePenna likes this.
    • +2 Supporter
    • +1 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

There are mag bars in my regular kit bags this kit is for above and beyond regular situations
    SAKplumber and SurvivePenna like this.
    • +2 Supporter
    • +1 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gotcha...just wanted to mention it, but you already have it covered.
    plumberroy likes this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

bendbig Loaded Pockets

I cant see any in your pic. I have some short pieces of jute twine soaked in Gulf wax, fray the soaked wax and you have a very good pile of tender, a roll of approx. 250ft and box of wax will make enough tinder for years of use. I have 6 12" pcs. in a pill bottle in my plastic fire case. Do a Youtube search for a video on how to make the tinder.

there are some down in the box I tried to fill every space with something that burned good
    SAKplumber and bendbig like this.

Kickbutt Khoo Empty Pockets

Where did you get the slim lockable plastic case from?
    • +4 Supporter
    • +3 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

bull_paqqy Loaded Pockets

Great idea with the pencil sharpener. Have you ever thought about a small baggy of dryer lint. Can't beat the price and catches with ease.

walmart
    SAKplumber likes this.

thePlumbah Meowderator

Roy, the link does't work for me. Is that a story from your locale?

Also, where does one find the small flares? Marine shop? Internet? I tried but couldn't find what sounded just like that.

I found the case at a walmart in Cincinnati the flare also came from wally world
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/S-R-Fire-Starter-Signal-2-Pack/20434384
    The ones I picked up were in a plastic bag not on a card
    the cases they have now have black latches
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Plano-Guide-Waterproof-Stowaway/17126449#Item Description
    This kit is not an edc I am fairly competent at fire building with standard edc stuff. and this kit is an extreme weather kit when fire will mean life or death
    First line protection in weather is a heatsheet/space blanket a trash bag a long burning small candle with a reliable lighter. fill trash bag with leave/grass/pine needles etc. set on it cross your legs and wrap up with heatsheet and light the candle between your legs. it will keep you warm for hours.
    Sak - Upgraded link
    http://www.examiner.com/article/father-sons-die-hiking-cause-was-weather-related
    Last edited by plumberroy, Sep 20, 2013
    SAKplumber likes this.