1. Due to an overwhelming amount of new registrations we have temporarily turned off new sign ups untill we have caught up with the back log. Don't dispair we will be accepting new members again soon.
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

Up by Jawbone

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by kabar24, Jan 1, 2012.

• +1 Supporter

kabar24 Loaded Pockets

Hi guys,

My sister would like to have one of those, but...
    Does it work as the producer say? Counting calories, waking up in best sleeping phase, does anyone of You use it? How often do I have to charge it, it use vibration and BT. Or it is just a pretty cool gadget.

tso Loaded Pockets

MedicInTraining likes this.

geonex Loaded Pockets

I have/had one. It works as advertised, but the meal tracking is nearly useless. The sleep-phase-based alarm is good; I think the data it provides around light vs. deep sleep is interesting (although I wonder how accurate it is). The band needs charging about once a week or so, depending on use and frequency of the vibration-based alarms. No bluetooth, but for me that's a selling point as I don't want anything attached to my person 24/7 that's broadcasting.

The main problem is that they fail. My first was DOA, my second died inside of a week. I'm waiting on a third from Jawbone, but I'd say the best thing they could have done was the recall. Hopefully version 2 will address some of the issues with the device (and include a much needed software update for iOS). As of now, they are not available for sale through any reputable source.

ChrisBrown Empty Pockets

I considered purchasing one, but went with the Fitbit instead. Wireless syncing and built-in display were big for me in making the decision.

Convoy Loaded Pockets

My wife had one. It worked for a couple weeks, then died. She loved it while it worked.
    • +1 Supporter

kabar24 Loaded Pockets

Does she considered to buy new one?

geonex Loaded Pockets

Contact them. They will send you a replacement at no cost. My third band works better than the last one ever did.

Convoy Loaded Pockets

Have the fixed he issues? How many bands did you go through?

shrap Loaded Pockets

It's a cool idea, but my iPhone (the Up is only compatible with the iPhone anyway) already does all those things. The Up seems like another gadget I have to charge, sync, and replace (when it breaks).

Meal / Calorie Tracking: Lose It
    Sleep: Sleep Cycle
    Exercise: Runkeeper

Sleep Cycle costs a buck, the other two are free - and I'd argue the apps are "best of breed" and not just one-offs added to sell a $100 wristband.

Kones Loaded Pockets

The UP band by Jawbone is now back on the market, in case those on this thread is interested. And there are some new colors, Apple has a mint green along with the original black.
    • +1 Supporter

kabar24 Loaded Pockets

Thank You Kones, I was waiting for this info:)

Kones Loaded Pockets

[IMG]

I wrapped mine in paracord... just because... :) Full disclosure, I do work for Jawbone, but am happy to answer any questions or point you to answers if I know them.
    • +1 Supporter

kabar24 Loaded Pockets

Damm it looks good:)
    OK, I have a question. How can I buy UP if I live in Denmark? Because Jawbone is not sending things to Europe. Why?

Kones Loaded Pockets

So, there's a bunch of info on the FAQ at the Jawbone website (http://jawbone.com/up/faq) , and in terms of availability outside the US, this is what it says:
    Bands will be available in other countries in early 2013

Hope that helps.
    • +1 Supporter

kabar24 Loaded Pockets

Yes, it helps. Thank You :)

Kones Loaded Pockets

FYI, I made a DIY video to show how to wrap an UP band in paracord

Kones Loaded Pockets

double post, sorry (couldn't delete this one)
    • +1 Supporter

kabar24 Loaded Pockets

Do You known whats going on right now? Up is gone from market again:mad:

Kones Loaded Pockets

It's definitely not gone, I can't speak to availability in all regions, but know it's still around. I don't think there has been any news about specific other countries, but I'll post if/when I hear anything.
    • +1 Supporter

kabar24 Loaded Pockets

I was looking on official web shop, its hard to belive that all UP has been sold and there is no stock. I hope there are no more problems like the first time