1. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

Trying to decide on a new EDC man-purse/bag.

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by Stoke, Oct 29, 2012.

Stoke Loaded Pockets

Sent you a private message thingy.
    • In Omnia Paratus

killroy360 Loaded Pockets

WHOA WHOA WHOA!! what makes you say wd40 doesnt deliver?
    Stoke likes this.

70dart Loaded Pockets

Here ya' go!
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    I had to shorten the strap to compensate for the janus...if i didn't, the thing would hang way to low for my tastes. So with the janus at full extension it will add about 16 inches to the length of the kodiak's strap. You should be fine:)
    Stoke likes this.

Stoke Loaded Pockets

Odd color choice, but it looks pretty nifty! Thanks! Going to order a Janus along with the bag then.

Stoke Loaded Pockets

You turned it upside down by the way ^_^

70dart Loaded Pockets

LOL yeah, the janus pouch can be switched around on it's own strap, I need to fix that! The Kodiak is my first black maxpedition bag....all my other stuff is OD green lol.

Robert:)

Stoke Loaded Pockets

I shouldn't be allowed to have a credit card... Playing AC3 has left me with an impulse purchase of an Assassins Creed III Messenger bag. Even further delay of the Kodiak. Tsk tsk.

Kilted1 Loaded Pockets

Lots and lots of experience of using it, then using it again for the same thing, and again a few weeks later, then finally using something else and the bloody squeak never comes back.
    • +1 Supporter

Myrddraal Loaded Pockets

Too funny...Sam Fisher's EMP sling back from Splinter Cell Conviction is what got me into backpacks in the first place.
    • In Omnia Paratus

TARFU EDC!!!!! Junkie

:confused: You guys need to put down the game controllers and get some fresh air once in a while.

Bogwan Loaded Pockets

Hope I am not getting too far off topic but WD40 is a penetrating oil & displaces water and not meant to be a lubricant.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WD-40
    Stoke likes this.

Stoke Loaded Pockets

You need to pick up a game controller and get inside once in a while. Bring some friends!
    Myrddraal likes this.

jester02k Loaded Pockets

Hi all long time since last post but I had to post to this one I had both bags and was going through the same issues I found that both bags were too small as a daily bag for me it was just a lack or room jacket, gloves books. I still have the Mongo for quick runs but and family days out but for daily use I use a CountyComm Bailout Bag It has the room I needed plus it dose not look too tactical.
    • +1 Supporter

Convoy Loaded Pockets

Go for a nice walk, THEN sneak around and kill people. :)

Tarfu is right about the slings. I owned just about every Maxped sling made. I tried the Hazard 4 evac Rocket and Kato. Sold all my Maxped here and to friends and haven't looked back.
    • In Omnia Paratus

TARFU EDC!!!!! Junkie

Hey Convoy. You see my review on the Stealth Operator Pack? I've found it to be a real nice two strap alternative to slings (even the Hazard 4 products).

Stoke Loaded Pockets

Got some experience hauling a slinger around. Tarfu you're onto something.
    Still gonna be Maxped as I really did like the fabric/buildquality. But most likely something Falcon II'ish.
    • +1 Supporter

Convoy Loaded Pockets

I'm building a BOB around the Rush 72.

Not a fan of two strap bags for my EDC. I like being able to access my bag whenever I need it.

Swedish169 Loaded Pockets

1+ on the Kodiac.

I"m 6'-2" and I've been using the sitka (next size down from the Kodiak) for a little over a year now and I have no complaints. It holds everything I need for a day hike or trip out in the city, in my experience the fit and finish is on par with the price, and have held up well to my moderate use. The pull-around sling and the way it's compartmentalized to help with organizations were the selling points for me. The tactical look has never been a problem on my multiple trips to NYC and Philly.

The sling might occasionally brush my neck, usually when swinging it around, but it's only a minor annoyance, I've never owned any bag that never needed the straps adjusted.

EDIT - I'll add something to quantify the size - the main compartment can just barely fit a pair of size 13 sneakers, shorts and a T-shirt. Anything more and you're pushing it.
    Last edited by Swedish169, Nov 10, 2012
    Stoke likes this.

Stoke Loaded Pockets

Still can't decide. I went with a Kodiak knock-off for about 50$. Been using it for around a week now, and it sure is nice being able to haul my gear around. But I feel that the larger the pack, the more stuff I bring. The pack will suit me great for trips'n stuff, but now I need something more bare-bone-essentials-only-EDC. Seriously considering the Maxpedition Mongo now. 70Dart, I don't suppose you could share a bit more of your experience with the Mongo?

Was it comfortable, durable and so forth.